Application for Milek

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
mmz2k23
Fresh Meat
Character: Milek

Application for Milek

Post by mmz2k23 » May 22nd, 2023, 5:24 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
None

How did you hear about Requiem?
Google Search - Looking for a new UO Experience

What will your character’s name be?
Milek

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Milek, a seasoned and enigmatic figure. At 35 years old, Milek possesses a striking presence with his lean and wiry frame standing at 5 feet 10 inches in height. His calculated movements and quick reflexes are enhanced by his light build, weighing around 150 pounds. With a tousle of midnight black hair that falls just above his piercing blue eyes, Milek's rugged charm is accentuated by a well-groomed goatee that frames his sharp, cunning features. Notable features include a faint scar on his left cheek, a reminder of a close encounter with an enemy blade, and a series of intricate tattoos adorning his forearms, serving as symbols of his allegiance to the shadowy guild that he calls home. Milek's elusive aura, coupled with his proficiency in stealth and his ability to blend seamlessly into the shadows, makes him an unparalleled rogue, adept at espionage, thievery, and outwitting his adversaries at every turn.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Milek, a complex and introspective character, enters the First Province with a deep-rooted desire for personal growth and to explore the depths of his own identity. Driven by a yearning to understand himself better, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery, seeking answers to questions that have plagued his mind for years.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
Milek's history is veiled in shadows, his past a tapestry of untold tales and elusive fragments. Little is known about his origins, for he emerged from the depths of obscurity with a quiet demeanor and an air of mystery. Whispers circulate, hinting at a nomadic upbringing, wandering through distant lands and encountering diverse cultures along his path. This nomadic lifestyle instilled in Milek a deep appreciation for the richness of human experience and a remarkable adaptability to the ever-changing world.

Notable qualities begin to surface as glimpses into Milek's past come to light. He possesses an innate empathy, attuned to the emotions and struggles of those around him. This sensitivity, honed through years of observing and interacting with diverse communities, allows him to connect with individuals from all walks of life on a profound level. Furthermore, tales speak of Milek's exceptional problem-solving skills and resourcefulness, traits honed through years of navigating through unfamiliar territories and finding innovative solutions to the challenges he encountered. Whether it is negotiating delicate situations or devising unconventional strategies, Milek's ability to think on his feet sets him apart and renders him a valuable asset in any endeavor he undertakes.

As I stand among the throngs of individuals gathered outside the imposing outpost, my gaze fixates on the grandeur of the passenger train and the bustling activity surrounding it. The sight of such technological marvels within the Republic fills me with a mix of awe and trepidation. The plume of steam rising from the locomotive's smokestack serves as a stark reminder of the journey ahead, through the treacherous Rumbling Pass and into the enigmatic First Province. I can't help but wonder about the countless souls who dared to venture through those dark tunnels, pursued by the relentless Afflicted.

The scene before me is perplexing. The efforts and resources dedicated to securing the means of transportation into the fallen First Province stand in stark contrast to my understanding of quarantine zones. The rumors and wild stories surrounding the Province have only deepened my intrigue and skepticism. Is it truly an evacuation, or is there something more to be discovered within those ancient ruins? The tales of immeasurable treasures and promises of salvation tug at the corners of my thoughts, fueling a sense of anticipation and uncertainty.

As I observe the interactions between the officiant and the hopeful travelers, a sense of defeat settles upon me. It becomes apparent that the path to gaining entrance lies not only in persuasive words and appeals to reason but also in the exchange of coin and influence. Gold slips into the officiant's hands, while official paperwork or the backing of powerful factions seem to ease the way into the First Province. The officiant's rehearsed speech, delivered in a monotonous and detached manner, further reinforces the bureaucracy and favoritism at play.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
As I stand among the throngs of individuals gathered outside the imposing outpost, my gaze fixates on the grandeur of the passenger train and the bustling activity surrounding it. The sight of such technological marvels within the Republic fills me with a mix of awe and trepidation. The plume of steam rising from the locomotive's smokestack serves as a stark reminder of the journey ahead, through the treacherous Rumbling Pass and into the enigmatic First Province. I can't help but wonder about the countless souls who dared to venture through those dark tunnels, pursued by the relentless Afflicted.

The scene before me is perplexing. The efforts and resources dedicated to securing the means of transportation into the fallen First Province stand in stark contrast to my understanding of quarantine zones. The rumors and wild stories surrounding the Province have only deepened my intrigue and skepticism. Is it truly an evacuation, or is there something more to be discovered within those ancient ruins? The tales of immeasurable treasures and promises of salvation tug at the corners of my thoughts, fueling a sense of anticipation and uncertainty.

As I observe the interactions between the officiant and the hopeful travelers, a sense of defeat settles upon me. It becomes apparent that the path to gaining entrance lies not only in persuasive words and appeals to reason but also in the exchange of coin and influence. Gold slips into the officiant's hands, while official paperwork or the backing of powerful factions seem to ease the way into the First Province. The officiant's rehearsed speech, delivered in a monotonous and detached manner, further reinforces the bureaucracy and favoritism at play.

Taking a deep breath, I steel myself for the forthcoming encounter with the officiant. Though lacking the wealth and influential connections of some, I carry within me a determination fueled by my own personal motivations. I am driven by a desire to uncover the truth, to navigate the perilous unknowns of the First Province, and to discover what awaits beyond its fallen walls. With a mixture of hope and apprehension, I approach the officiant, ready to make my case and secure my passage into the heart of the quarantine zone.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Milek

Post by Coty » May 22nd, 2023, 11:54 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

JUST A NOTE: There is already a character named "Malik" so there could be some confusion RPly. Don't have to change the name just giving you a heads up.