Diplomacy Records

In-Character message board for the de Ravin Parish. Posts made here are considered physical messages upon an in-game message board.

Moderator: Drucilla

Losstarot
Character: Kalisto Krauss

Diplomacy Records

Post by Losstarot » May 23rd, 2021, 3:27 pm

First Diplomatic Mission of the De Ravin Parish.

Mission #1.

Diplomate assigned: Kalisto Krauss.

Leader: Reeve Jakell Wormwood.

Objective: To establish good and colaborative relations with influential, like-minded groups, that may eventually lead to strong alliances for the Parish.

Date: 22 of Flowerbloon, 1346.

Summary of Mission:

- I arrived at Highfield in the afternoon. Reeve Wormwood himself welcomed me, with a small entourage.

- He procceeded to give me a tour of the village. This diplomat was positively impressed by Highfield installations and settlements.

- During the tour, the Reeve explained Highfield's goals and values. And it is this diplomat's belief that they align with those of the Parish.

- After the tour, we sat down to discuss more official matters pertaining to the factions. The future and colaboration for mutual benefit were the main topics.

- A compromise was made, from both parties, to work together in an attempt to assist minorities in need. The refugees camp, Riverside and the hospital recently attacked were mentioned. This also aligns with our current plans in regards to at least one of the places cited.

- Reeve Wormwood offered to assist us with carpentry, as well as agriculture. And showed enthusiam to share his knowledge with us.

- In return, seeing the recent developments in our forces, we offered military support if Highfield should ever find itself in peril.

- I met a few other citizens of Highfield and exchanged gifts with the Reeve. Overall, the mood was one of camaraderie and I felt very welcomed in the village.

Conclusion:

- It is this diplomat's assessment that Highfield shares many of our principles, specially the principle of neutrality. They seem decent folk, hard workers, with a profound love for the simple things in life. They seem genuinely interested in doing good and seem more than willing to work together for the betterment of the First Province and its people.

- This diplomat's sees in Highfield a potential ally and requests to be their personal ambassador for the Parish.

- This diplomat deems the mission a success and will begin preparations immediatelly to visit the First Torian Legion next, in the coming days.

Losstarot

Re: Diplomacy Records

Post by Losstarot » May 27th, 2021, 12:10 am

Mission #2.

Location: First Torian Legion region. Meeting held at Fort Praesidium, however.

Leader: Vance Silvercrest.

Objective: To establish good and colaborative relations with influential, like-minded groups, that may eventually lead to strong alliances for the Parish.

Date: 26 of Flowerbloon, 1346.

Summary of Mission:

- The Silvercrests - Vance, Lucien and Vera - represented the Legion's interests.

- We met at Fort Praesidium and discussed in a room of the tavern. I will, however, visit the Legion fort in due time.

- The central topic of our meeting pertained to an alliance proposition left unattended in the past.

- The Legion is favorable to an alliance with the Parish, having but one condition, which was presented to me.

- A second meeting will take place at their fort, after the condition is discussed with lady De Ravin.

Conclusion:

- It is this diplomat's assessment that the First Torian Legion would make a fine ally. Our military power combined would be a force to be reckoned with.

- This diplomat deems the mission a success and will begin preparations to visit the First Torian fort in the coming days, as well as preparations for the next group we'll contact: KM&A.

Lexi
Character: Nicolien de Ravin

Post by Lexi » May 27th, 2021, 12:14 am

A note is added in Nicolien's hand to the bottom of the Legion report:

"It is requested that the Commandant attend the second meeting and is given authority to speak on behalf of myself in all matters if necessary. -NdR"

Losstarot

Post by Losstarot » June 2nd, 2021, 9:33 am

First Conjoint Action Between First Torian Legion and De Ravin Parish.

Mission Type: Negotiation.

Diplomat Assigned: Lucien Silvercrest, as spokesperson for the First Torian Legion; Kalisto Krauss composed this document.

Leader: The Assembly.

Objective: To reclaim custody over the two arsonists who razed Highfield to the ground: one Jakell Wormwood and one Flynn Barrigan. To assist our ally in resolving the matter peacefully, diplomatically.

Date: 30 of Flowerbloon, 1346.

Summary of Mission:

- We arrived at Teneborough during the afternoon and were met by full force. Guards attacked Josephine and Graelynn on sight.

- The commander of the Banners of the Forsaken, Tyr, was present and leading the men. He, along with other Teneborough citizens, had weapons drawn when we arrived. Patricia and one of her Wolves were also present. Khalkeus Renatus, of R&T, was also present.

- When the guards returned to their posts, we were allowed to engage in negotiations. Lucien demanded the two men were delivered. Patricia offered to hold them until a trial could be arranged, since the Black Wolves are a neutral party in the matter.

- Tyr, having thrown many insults already at us, refused Patricia and Lucien. Asking for an extra 24h to deliver the men.

- Since we had spied on Jake and Flynn that same day, a few hours prior, at Teneborough, and as per the original agreement, negotiation with everyone involved would take place around the time of our arrival in Teneborough (which was already delayed from the original time by request from the Assembly), there was no excuse to further delay it another 24h.

- Lucien furthermore seemed to be under the impression the two of them could use these 24 hours to escape.

- Patricia attempted to give her word on behalf of Tyr, but she could not compromise for the man and clearly at this point all trust between both parties was lost.

- When negotiations failed, Tyr announced he'd give us 10 seconds to escape. He started his countdown on 3, however.

- Lucien told us to regroup south and as soon as we turned around and were leaving, Tyr ordered the attack.

- We were overwhelmed by more than 20 guards at once, some of them armored to the point we could barely scratch them, but somehow we won.

- Notable deaths from the battle: Josephine de Ravin, our commandant; Tyr, commander of the Banners of the Forsaken; Khalkeus Renatus, of R&T; as well as most, if not all, of the Banners militia.

- Unfortunately, we did not manage to retrieve Jakell and Flynn.

- We helped perform the Rites on site to honor the dead.

Conclusion:

- Despite our diplomatic efforts, given the bloodshed that resulted from the violence encited upon us and the losses from the battle, as well the fact we did not retrieve the arsonists, it is this diplomat's assessment that this mission was a FAILURE.

- In the following weeks it is advised caution to all members of the Parish (specially you, Laurie; yes, you).

- Despite the failure, the episode on its own served to form a bond between First Torian Legion and the Parish, and strengthened our ties.

- After a period of mourning for lady Josephine, I am ready to continue my duties. I am arranging a meeting with KM&A next. Having allies will be crucial in the coming days.

- PS: As a last note for this report, this diplomat would also like to attempt to bring old man Avi back to us. It is thanks to him I hold this position today and I feel like I have this personal debt with the man.

Losstarot

Post by Losstarot » June 3rd, 2021, 10:52 pm

Mission #3.

Leader: KM&A.

Date: 03 of Greengrass, 1346.

Summary of Mission:

- The meeting was arranged by my contact within KM&A, Gryhun Kren. Upon arriving there, he gave me a brief tour of their settlement, although not the entirety of it.

- After the tour, we sat at a tavern, where the rest of the meeting concluded when other members of their community arrived.

- At first, the meeting was carried by this diplomat, as well as Gryhun Kren, Basti and Theo Hanlon. We were later joined by Barnabas.

- From the start, this diplomat felt a strange mood in the room. Neither women seemed really interested in having this meeting and they kept hurrying me along the list of subjects, no matter show short it was, which gave me the impression they wanted to hurry it up.

- There were only 3 items in my list of topics to discuss: 1) to offer them the chance to ask any questions regarding the Battle of The Red Sunday, so we can provide our side of the story and attempt to clarify any misunderstandings; 2) to inquire if they know anything in regards to the mine that was striped from us and sold to R&T; 3) to promote the good relations between both factions with the exchange of favors and services.

- Topic 1 was met with passive-aggressive hostility and at all times this diplomat felt like they had a verdict in regards of what truly happened at Teneborough. The Herald newspaper was cited (and displayed) as one of their sources. In fact, this diplomat felt humiliated in several occasions, with the Parish itself being accounted for murder.

- Despite constant interruptions, this diplomat tried his best to answer their every question and concern. I do not feel like there was a general interest in hearing our side at all and their opinion seemed pretty much that same of the newspaper.

- Topic 2 was also met with debauchery and sarcasm. Although they did provide the information we required, which I highlight: that mine in particular is not under KM&A ownership and remains with R&T. (Further comment by Nicolien is needed on how to progress from here.)

- When we were later joined by Barnabas, we went back to Topic 1. To show our intent to clarify things, I presented to them a copy of my reports from the Battle, with a summary of our account. While Barnabas seemed slightly more open to conversation, the remarks from the two women continued, specially Basti. She seemed personally moved to stand against my accounts, and kept accusing us, repeatedly, of invading Teneborough to pilage, when we know that is far from the truth. A woman to keep an eye on for sure.

- Despite finding the mere suggestion offensive, since I told her I would, this diplomat carries a message from Basti to Nicolien: she believes we must be judged for murder, that we should go to trial and be accounted for the deaths at Teneborough. No matter my efforts to explain to her the Banners of the Forsaken struck first as we were leaving, the woman simply could not find it in her to hold onto this concept. And kept forgetting it, to invest in a narrative that we were invading lands and breaking laws.

- The diplomatic taste of the meeting, having been lost already, was worsened by the fact all members present showed contentment for Renatus' death, refering to him as a rival. Barnabas, agreeable until then, stated himself: "Renatus is dead. Good". Which only added to the negative atmosphere.

Conclusion:

- I never got to Topic 3. The meeting ended with them saying the newspaper did a better job at "defending" the Parish than this diplomat. With yet another humiliation, I decided to leave. I made it clear I was not before a court, that I wasn't trying to defend us, but rather offer a clarification out of respect for our past relations.

- This diplomat did not feel the respect was mutual at all and left feeling regarded as lesser than equal. I could not find the camaraderie mentioned by Avi, nor do I undertstand his reasons for us to seek isolationists whom, despite claiming to serve neutrality, were very hastily to point a finger.

- This diplomat advises against pursuing anymore contact or business with KM&A until the trial of Jakell and Flynn.

Losstarot

Post by Losstarot » June 6th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Mission #4.

Leader: Ashi.

Date: 06 of Greengrass, 1346.

Summary of Mission:

- The Crimson Circle already had good relations with the Parish. This meeting was intended to ascertain how much of our image was tarnished, due to the battle of the red sunday, as well as offer our point of view of the occurance, if required.

- Ashi received me corteously and gave me a brief tour of their hamelin. I was positively impacted by their architecture. The village opts for a more open design, without walls, with guards patrolling the perimeter, which reminded me a bit of Teneborough.

- After that, Ashi and I moved into a meeting chamber, accompanied by two concerned citizens, Ember and Gorin. I got the impression they were a bit alarmed by my visit.

- After small chatter and tea, we began discussing the incident. Ashi seemed very open to hear our side without making judgements, while Ember and Gorin seemed to have believed the falsehoods published in the papers.

- Regardless, despite a few passionate interruptions, I managed to conclude the story. And the people of the Glade seemed open to the possibility of reflecting upon it. I think, if nothing else, they saw there were many more sides to this story than previously assumed. I also took the chance to remind them of the trial on Tuesday.

Conslusion:

- It is this diplomat's assessment that the Crimson Circle share many of our principles. This diplomat believes the Crimson Circle is a potential ally, perhaps an alliance to be sought in calmer times.

- This diplomat deems the mission a SUCCESS. The next faction from my list would be The Black Wolves, but I will keep that on hold for the time being and wait for the trial first.

- Of note: at the Glade, once again the narrative that we (Parish and First Torian) must be held accountable for the deaths at Teneborough was brought up. This diplomat argued we acted in self-defense, responding to the first strike from Teneborough. It is clear to me now this will most likely be brought up in the trial by more than one faction and we should prepare for that. This diplomat urges leadership of the Parish to call for a meeting urgently, prior to the trial, with all members who intend to attend, as well as our allies, The First Torian Legion.