Faction Verse: A bridge West

In-Character message board for Kaelius Mercantile & Acquisitions. Posts made here are considered physical messages upon an in-game message board.
Ashford
Character: Ashford Reed

Faction Verse: A bridge West

Post by Ashford » July 25th, 2022, 10:03 pm

Ashford sat on the waterside a piece of parchment and coal sliver in hand, sketching the rocky embankment. A top it he built with hewn stone in mind a bridge strong enough to support his horses. He wrote at the bottom

"Barnabas, I think I've found a good place to cross the river South West here. It'll take minimal effort with the width and footing seems well and strong. Let's meet in a few days time to survey it over, I'm sure you'll remind me of some fault I'm too headstrong to see. Could use your years of experience here before I end up creating a dam instead. I'll see if Viola can make us some lunch for the work."

He looked over the land across the divide. There was game aplenty in the woods, most did not venture past the zealots or pirates way. He intended to change that and with access near the Rest to see to patrolling the area with the men to lessen the threats that linger there.

Ashford
Character: Ashford Reed

Re: Faction Verse: A bridge West

Post by Ashford » September 2nd, 2022, 4:26 pm

Ashford had made the trip on horseback to the Western shore as Barnabas and Bast deliberated over the footing of the structure. With a cyclone Barnabas made quick work of streching a rope across the distance, they pulled it tight and marked a bit of both ends to evaluate the materials needed. They'd discussed stone for the bridge as a way to deplete their ample stores, an provide some more room in that corner of the Rest. The lumber needed would be minimal and easy enough.

Having fashioned some reinforced poles they got a measure of the footing, planning out the best placement for streambed columns to build upon. The engineers had their notes and left him to patrol toward the old monastery and the pirates cove.