The Chicken Spawns and the Coops

For issues concerning Pioneering. claims or housing.
Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

The Chicken Spawns and the Coops

Post by Meowakin » May 8th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Partly sharing my knowledge here, and also posting this to remind that this issue is ongoing!

Chicken Coops (built by players with Pioneering) will only work with the chickens that can be picked up (Rex has confirmed two types of chickens spawn, only one works). Currently those types of chickens only spawn around the Foundry farms to my knowledge. Unless it's intended to be 'domesticated' chickens only?

This is the primary issue people have had with obtaining eggs, I believe.

Secondarily, I suspect there are issues regarding multiple coops being close to each other, but I lack the resources/means to test this further.

As a side note/likely informational, it would seem that a chicken that is 'in' a chicken coop (or OOC, 'registered' to that chicken coop) is unable to move (probably intentional) and also requires no food (also probably intentional). They will also occasionally hibernate (go invisible/inactive during certain hours) like normal critters, but still lay eggs as normal.

And to confirm my understanding of how the chicken-culling works, here's my educated guess: Every now and then a system checks for any chickens X number of tiles from their spawn and causes them to spontaneously die (seppuku) if they are not 'in' a chicken coop