FIREARMS: Incendiary Shot

For issues concerning melee or ranged combat (non-magic).
Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

FIREARMS: Incendiary Shot

Post by Kent » April 25th, 2021, 8:06 pm

Incendiary shot is a pretty cool blast, but in PvM it's a pretty useless blast. the DoT usually does 0 damage to most mobs, and they can just walk out of the fire most of the time(being CC'd is the obvious exception to this).

I think it would be a more meaningful move if some of the damage was shifted to the dot and taken out of the AoE

Ericson
Character: Rikard Luzkin, Marcellus Avenicci,

Re: FIREARMS: Incendiary Shot

Post by Ericson » May 24th, 2021, 6:18 pm

Tested this weapon move with my Handcannon on three players (each one in different gear)
AOE was non existent as i had all three standing next to each other, no additional dmg was done to the adjacent players.
A Tank warrior in iron plate went down fairly fast just standing in place. even if the initial dmg was low. (this also required them to STAND in place for around 6 seconds)
a tank warrior in EO steel, took minimal dmg with a series of 1dmg of burn DOT (they did not stand in the fire they left immediatly. )
A Studded leather fighter, took an initial decent hit then stood in the fire for about 6 seconds before walking out and healing with out much effort.
The burn DOT it self without additional attacks is survivable to people who have higher hp pools and from what i have seen physical resists do play a significant role into the overall dmg of the fire dmg.

i have not yet tested on MOBs, but plan to to increase the overall knowledge of the skill it self.
All in all for the risk of a backfire (which i took during this mech testing (did low dmg to me, but in a fight would have been my end) I found the shot to require (for its full effect) the player to be DOA on their reaction to getting out of fire.
To make this weapon move a bit more viable, id argue at least a 1 second stun to at least fire off a tick of the DOT burn.

on a side note, id like to see a perk to increase HCI with firearms

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: FIREARMS: Incendiary Shot

Post by Meowakin » May 24th, 2021, 10:31 pm

PvM the ground-fire damage is pretty useful if you can manipulate mobs to stand in it (essentially low aggression mobs or fleeing mobs pushed into a corner)