[CounterAttack does not seem to work.

For issues concerning melee or ranged combat (non-magic).
Losstarot
Character: Kalisto Krauss

[CounterAttack does not seem to work.

Post by Losstarot » May 8th, 2021, 7:50 am

Title, basically.

I can't tell from the ability description if you'll counter EVERY dodged attack for the duration of the stance or if you'll counter ONE dodged attack for the stance duration. Whatever is the case, none seem to work. When activating [counterattack with at least 1 tumbling point, subsequent dodges don't seem to proc counters at all.

Starly
Character: Mote

Re: [CounterAttack does not seem to work.

Post by Starly » May 8th, 2021, 8:19 am

I was just thinking of posting this since I've never noticed extra attacks either.

The Technician
Character: James Durwald

Post by The Technician » May 8th, 2021, 9:50 am

I too have noticed this. I haven't countered at all yet. Once I get more skill I'll see if that helps it. Do dodges emote by default when they happen? Or is that when we gain the tumbling point? I've gained points even while in the stance too and still have no dodged. I still am very pleased with wrestling here compared to OSI.

Losstarot
Character: Kalisto Krauss

Post by Losstarot » May 16th, 2021, 9:04 pm

We did some more testing today. We tried everything to be sure this is bugged.

We'd activate the ability at high tumbling and attacking the target - no counter. Then we tried high tumbling and just standing there, with [counterattack active - no counter. There were no messages (other than when you activate the ability and get the *goes into a defensive stance*). Combat messages also never showed anything related to counter.

This ability also has a high cost to activate (37 stam or so) and a long cooldown (90 seconds). But it's not working. I'd love to have it checked!

Starly
Character: Mote

Post by Starly » May 16th, 2021, 11:13 pm

The Technician wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:50 am I too have noticed this. I haven't countered at all yet. Once I get more skill I'll see if that helps it. Do dodges emote by default when they happen? Or is that when we gain the tumbling point? I've gained points even while in the stance too and still have no dodged. I still am very pleased with wrestling here compared to OSI.
Tumbling point means you dodged, yes. There's no other message for dodging because it's not needed.

as for skill, mote has 100 finesse and as far as I can tell the counterattack ability has never worked.