Monster behaviour in melee range.

For issues concerning melee or ranged combat (non-magic).
Losstarot
Character: Kalisto Krauss

Monster behaviour in melee range.

Post by Losstarot » May 17th, 2021, 3:44 pm

This has been reported before by other players, but I was requested to post it on the forums again. It's also a persistent issue, problematic on a daily basis, so really hoping it gets fixed.

This is in regards to mobs "lurching" at you when you attack them. This is more noticeable tt melee range, when trying to kite (attack, move, attack, move), you notice the mobs simply blink to you, closing the gap instantly. At melee range, this is fine, I guess...

BUT!

Polearms.

Polearms get negative DCI and HCI at melee range to encourage its use at 2-tile range. This would be fine if what I described above wasn't true. Because in reality, what happens is: you try to kite with your polearm, but every hit results in the mob insta jumping on you at melee range. And obviously hitting you, since you've a DCI debuff.

While I understand why mobs would act that way, a certain balance must be found, because, as it is, it's nearly impossible to hunt solo as a polearms user. And this just doesn't seem like it's a feature to encourage group hunts and more like a colateral effect that went below the radar. Would love to see a fix!

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Monster behaviour in melee range.

Post by Meowakin » May 17th, 2021, 3:48 pm

As I've reported before! I will add that this is actually not just a matter of 'melee' - it's pretty much whenever they are hit by any weapon attack, ranged weapons included.

Edit: Here's the link to the prior post: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2150&p=4359&hilit=lurch#p4359