Advertisement and promotion

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Voidwards
Character: Sidroth Mortigor

Advertisement and promotion

Post by Voidwards » February 24th, 2021, 4:12 am

As many of you have probably already noticed, the Staff's current focus is currently on the upcoming launch and fixing the potential bugs (which are more than certain to appear) which is - let me be clear - absolutely understandable.

Even though such a thing as an UO RP server is narrow niche, I stubbornly defend a position, that the project of Requiem's quality and ambitiousness is not popular enough.

If any promotion happens in the near future, it'll surely take place after the launch. I'd like to suggest (and ask for your further ideas) a few ways to help us gain a larger population:

1) Paid, targeted Facebook promotion (need to do a research about the prices);
2) Google Ads/Positioning;
3) YouTube promotional video (I can offer my help with a voiceover, though I might lack a high quality equipment);
4) Colaboration with YouTube reviewers/streamers.

Also, a question for the Community - would you be willing to donate a sum of money to help the Devs to promote Requiem?

See you soon in the Rumbling Pass!
NONE SHALL SEE REDEMPTION

Controll
Character: A Diabolist

Re: Advertisement and promotion

Post by Controll » February 27th, 2021, 11:01 am

I believe the best place to advertise would be Reddit / Facebook groups that are focused on roleplaying. It's still possible to find some old advertisement texts through Google, and they still look valid - just need someone to do the posting. However the idea of Requiem is lengthy to explain in text, and walls of text have a habit of scaring people away.

A promotional video such as a trailer about Requiem that could be linked around would be the best. Perhaps that can even be a player project once the shard opens?