Leap Attack

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Furio
Character: Furio

Leap Attack

Post by Furio » May 3rd, 2021, 1:09 pm

Hello!

The weapon ability Frenzied Whirlwind (which went through a couple changes currently) is a little bit without purpose right now. After a couple tests even in slimes and such, if you use the ability against a single target sometimes it'll deal up to 5 ticks of 1 damage, which can be healed through (at least currently, unsure if its meant to be like that or not). And if you use with more enemies around its still pointless because the actual whirlwind ability deals about the same damage if not more but its instant and won't hobble you.

And then you come to realize that both Frenzied Whirlwind and Whirwild are AoE abilities, its having two abilities trying to do the same thing, sharing the same cooldown and that one will always end up doing better and you'll always end up using only one.

With that I'd like to suggest that Frenzied Whirlwind to be changed once again and become something that adds more utility and still follows the idea and brutal style of fighting with an axe: Leap Attack.

As always, the numbers behind it can be changed and tailored up to a point where it becomes good without being overpowered, but the idea is to move the user towards the target (within 3 tiles or something like that). Any other effects could be suit the ability like, increasing damage, keeping the bleed of the current ability, hobble, knock down or whatever really.

Again, what I'm presenting here is simply the idea.

So tell me, what you guys think?

Ferro
Character: Javier Ferro

Re: Leap Attack

Post by Ferro » May 3rd, 2021, 5:51 pm

I think it sounds fun & interesting, personally.

The topic of of an ability from previous Act(s?), Jump, came up in Discord the other day. One or more Staff chimed in stating that it was abused / never going to be re-implemented, as I recall it.

Gotta learn Magicks if you want to "jump".

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Leap Attack

Post by Meowakin » May 3rd, 2021, 8:14 pm

It might be a different story if it requires a target to jump *to*, however, so I don't think it's entirely out. Though I can imagine people leaping to stuck targets and getting themselves stuck because no other targets to jump to.