What about a Compost?

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Meronym D'vore
Character: Meronym D'vore

What about a Compost?

Post by Meronym D'vore » July 13th, 2021, 8:54 pm

So.. As someone who tends a garden, harvests plants.. I thought what about a compost! Here me out.. put in the spoiled food...add in the pet droppings you find, maybe some fertile dirt... etc.. let it "cure" and then you could harvest Supreme fertilizer or enriched soil that takes would give bigger or bonus harvests? I would say worms... but we dont have those all i've seen was maggots and leeches so no thanks to those lol

Lucien
Character: Lucien

Re: What about a Compost?

Post by Lucien » July 13th, 2021, 9:29 pm

+1. great idea

Alteripseity
Aeolian Staff
Character: Barnabas Haim

Post by Alteripseity » July 13th, 2021, 11:47 pm

This is something we also previously considered! We think it's a neat idea to maybe implement one day.

bunny
Character: Lavender

Post by bunny » December 13th, 2021, 5:13 pm

This was discussed this evening again. Having a Spoiled Food Bag and maybe something representing a Compost Heap or trash can? That spoil foods diverts to a specific bag and turns it into fertilizer.

Nedoral
Character: Matteo Ponz (deceased)

Post by Nedoral » May 3rd, 2022, 5:53 pm

Interesting idea, it might also make sense to add dead (perished) crops harvested by characters with the skill perk to the compost - assuming there's an item that appears in the backpack once the action is taken. If the crop simply disappears, then I doubt it's worth the time coding that in.

Nevertheless, I upvote this feature as well, as long as it brings sufficient advantage to be worth the trouble to implement it. One such advantages could be allowing characters who tend the fields more of a slack, as illustrated by this comprehensive post (opening statement). Plausibly crops treated with such powerful fertilizer could last longer on their own and allow characters to use their IG time to other activities more freely.