Masonry inconsistency - a suggestion

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Nedoral
Character: Matteo Ponz (deceased)

Masonry inconsistency - a suggestion

Post by Nedoral » August 19th, 2021, 9:06 pm

Recently my char was able to purchase the Masonry subskill, and this put me in a dilemma: while you need at least 30% Artisanry to be able to purchase it, there's no single item on the Masonry craft menu within that skill range (the lowest starts at 52.5%). In other words, while you're skilled enough to be allowed to use the subskill, you'll never do anything just with it.

I understand Artisanry is a very rich skill, with multiple expressions in the form of varied art styles. However, considering my char's narrow perspective, it really doesn't fit him to pick other Artisanry stuff (such as painting or jewelry) just to raise the skill enough to reasonably work stone. If the accepted mindset for Artisanry is for the recipients to make broad use of the skill, then it's no big deal and I'll manage with Animus points.

However, if by a RP-standpoint it'd be nice for a char to devote itself for a single (or maybe just a couple) Artisanry subskills, then my suggestion would be to add a dummy item or two on the menu just to fill the gap between 30% Artisanry skill (when you purchase the Masonry subskill) and about 53% (when it becomes possible to make the other stuff). Alternatively, smoothing the stone could actually raise Artisanry instead of Geology depending on the tool you're using for it (though coding stuff like this seems like a nightmare).

PS: This is by no means a big problem, I know there's much cooler stuff in the works by the dev team. I just decided to post this because I never expected to be tricked by the game, considering you are allowed to purchase the skill without actually being able to use it for anything by itself.

Nedoral
Character: Matteo Ponz (deceased)

Re: Masonry inconsistency - a suggestion

Post by Nedoral » August 31st, 2021, 8:30 am

I just read the recent development changelog and noticed my suggestion was addressed. That was very fast and I want to let my appreciation known, even if perchance my post here was just a happy coincidence for something already in the works. Thank you very much.