Purchasing Claim Slots via LP

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Azareil
Character: Gryhun Kren

Purchasing Claim Slots via LP

Post by Azareil » August 22nd, 2021, 12:59 am

You know how we can buy extra character slots with LP?

I think it'd be pretty cool if we can build additional claims with LP as well. I also think a lot of people would be on board for such an idea to be implemented.

What do you think?

VeraShelby
Character: Vera Shelby

Re: Purchasing Claim Slots via LP

Post by VeraShelby » August 22nd, 2021, 2:37 pm

I love this idea, we really struggle to find people to hold claims we've placed around for RP reasons when one of us already has a claim. Being able to hold a few different claims for various reasons would be fantastic.

Ashford
Character: Ashford Reed

Post by Ashford » August 22nd, 2021, 5:39 pm

+1

Nedoral
Character: Matteo Ponz (deceased)

Post by Nedoral » August 22nd, 2021, 7:17 pm

I support this idea, as long as there's a control mechanism to keep some semblance of balance between young and veteran accounts. It's expected to face the usual scenario of having to compete with much more experienced (probably maxxed) characters upon arrival, and realizing most good spots for housing have been already taken multiple times by the veterans would widen this chasm.

Other than that, I fully endorse that players commited to the shard should be rewarded accordingly.

Lucien
Character: Lucien

Post by Lucien » August 25th, 2021, 3:21 am

+1

more storage room for Ham and wine

Some Guy on Requiem
Character: Milton Fields

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » August 25th, 2021, 8:20 pm

I support this. Even as a new player I've seen just how large the wilderness itself is. I doubt folks are going to run out of room to raise up claims before they run out of gold to support them. I kind of like the idea of having to find a new spot because established factions took the 'good ones'. Could breed a little conflict or encourage a more visible effort to explore / reclaim the province.

Probably just softlock it like skillcaps in that claims become more LP costly the more of them you buy. (That is, assuming you want to curtail claims at all. Getting and transporting the wood, stone and such is already a deciding factor.)

Halcion_25mg
Character: Melchiore and Esme

Post by Halcion_25mg » August 27th, 2021, 1:39 am

A simple control (though work for the staff) would be a multiplier on secondary claims. Make em cost more.

+1 to the idea.