Injury Repair Deeds

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Controll
Character: A Diabolist

Injury Repair Deeds

Post by Controll » September 3rd, 2021, 1:26 pm

It would be neat to have repair allopathy deeds somewhat similar to engineer/blacksmithy/tailoring et cetera repair deeds created by crafters. Theoretically it could be something like "A Treatment Plan By A Grandmaster Allopath" that you could "infuse" with a set of treatments. That deed could then be placed on a vendor with a description for what it can be used for and bought freely. Then the buyer could use it near a medicinal NPC to produce the effect those treatments would have on their current injury. This would mean that the Treatment Plan could still be a botch or a success depending on the treatments placed in it.

Currently it can be quite hard to have an injured character and a doctor meet up without some metagaming. This way injured players could find treatment easier, and doctors could actually make some money with allopathy.

Glimmer
Character: Theo Hanlon

Re: Injury Repair Deeds

Post by Glimmer » September 3rd, 2021, 9:40 pm

I would much rather there be an ingame bell/announcement that kind of works like providence/PD/Mythic that pings the chat going "A doctor is requested at the hospital". Mostly because most of us Doctor players absolutely do not mind being bugged to log in for such things if and when we're able to do so.

It's probably the one loophole to being considered true meta-gaming. Now, if you're stuck in some random place and want a doctor to come out and meet you, then yes I would think that's pushing the limits, but if you're in town there shouldn't be any issue outside of player availability.

That being said most minor injuries do seem to heal relatively quickly, barring certain ones, so really it'll only be an issue if/when major or longer lasting injuries come into play. But again, those of us who play doctors should have no issues being available when we're able. Don't feel bad trying to reach out to us.

Granted, I am mostly speaking for myself and other doctor players are more than welcome to correct me or state their own preferences!

Nedoral
Character: Matteo Ponz (deceased)

Post by Nedoral » September 3rd, 2021, 10:55 pm

Theo wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 9:40 pm I would much rather there be an ingame bell/announcement that kind of works like providence/PD/Mythic that pings the chat going "A doctor is requested at the hospital". Mostly because most of us Doctor players absolutely do not mind being bugged to log in for such things if and when we're able to do so.

It's probably the one loophole to being considered true meta-gaming. Now, if you're stuck in some random place and want a doctor to come out and meet you, then yes I would think that's pushing the limits, but if you're in town there shouldn't be any issue outside of player availability.

That being said most minor injuries do seem to heal relatively quickly, barring certain ones, so really it'll only be an issue if/when major or longer lasting injuries come into play. But again, those of us who play doctors should have no issues being available when we're able. Don't feel bad trying to reach out to us.

Granted, I am mostly speaking for myself and other doctor players are more than welcome to correct me or state their own preferences!
Frankly, I agree with that. While I understand it might be unnerving to roam around looking for someone to provide medical aid, I don't think we should be looking for more ways for people to get what they want without direct player interaction. Vendors are sure handy when it comes to different play schedules, but going around checking every vendor is really boring and should never replace an actual character interaction if it can be avoided.

Some Guy on Requiem
Character: Milton Fields

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » September 4th, 2021, 2:21 am

Exactly! Imagine getting a broken buttbone, and instead of the RP that follows just buying a deed! Outrageous!

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Post by Kent » September 4th, 2021, 2:34 pm

Nahhhhhh! If anything once durability is fixed on higher quality items all repair deeds should be done away with to embiggen more interaction between players. Right now I could not advocate for such a thing because a masterpiece sword will be broken after slapping a few zombies but if that ever gets corrected, heck yea.

Controll
Character: A Diabolist

Post by Controll » September 4th, 2021, 4:14 pm

Theo wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 9:40 pm I would much rather there be an ingame bell/announcement that kind of works like providence/PD/Mythic that pings the chat going "A doctor is requested at the hospital". Mostly because most of us Doctor players absolutely do not mind being bugged to log in for such things if and when we're able to do so.
This is a better suggesion than my original one and would definitely fix the issue.