New Skill : Commerce

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Some Guy on Requiem
Character: Milton Fields

New Skill : Commerce

Post by Some Guy on Requiem » October 13th, 2021, 11:08 pm

This would be a skill representing one's overall business acumen.

Aside from gating perks, I'm thinking that skill percentage could factor into either a passive daily income or reduce the various fees one incurs from vendors / property a set amount.

PERKS - The Meat of the Suggestion, these perks aim to make it easier and more attractive for aspiring entrepreneur's to get started. Roughly, the ones I could come up with were:

LANDLORD

Lets you own additional properties (Claims or housing), and bestows the option of renting them out to other players. (The agreed upon sum being deposited into your bankbox)

Higher levels let one grab up more land and reduce the cost of expanding / owning claims.

CONTRACTOR

Allows for the scribing of vendor contracts. Which can be placed within homes and claims outside of established markets.

Additional levels of this perk allow for the contracting of skilled NPC tradesperson. Such as those that can accept repair deeds, bankers, guardsmen, etc.

TRADE-WISE

Gives you more options when interacting with your vendors. Such as banning individuals or factions from purchasing your wares, discounting or marking up items for certain groups or persons, requiring a password to display certain goods at all, or marking items as 'display only'

Maybe kick the 'wage dictated by price of inventory' behavior current vendors have altogether.

RAVEN MASTER

Let's you 'send a raven' IG, to deliver messages to individuals you've previously met and marked with this skill.

TESTATOR

You draft a last will for yourself or others. Designating who will inherit the contents of said person's bank box and ownership of property come an untimely passing.

I feel like something could be done with trade routes, or tapping into the assumed NPC market for mundane items, but feel such things could be set aside for now.