Blacksmity - crafting mw and mythic weapons alternative

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
necrobutch
Character: Maximillian Bates

Blacksmity - crafting mw and mythic weapons alternative

Post by necrobutch » October 22nd, 2022, 5:07 am

Hello,
I think that mw and mythic gear being tied completely to a low chance seems kind of tedious, because you are just rolling the same dice with the same modifier each time you craft. Well, sure more tries yield a better result in the end, but in my opinion it is not enough and there should be offered more options to change that modifier. World lore is a good start.
So, what I am suggesting is recipes that their purpose is to make an existing item better by adding a hefty amount of % chance towards creating better gear. These may also require some other rare material drop.
How, one should those recipes it is your choice (staff), but imo the best way is by adding it to drops of specific powerful mobs of bosses and of course not guaranted.
In the end, making a mw or mythic is still tied to chance, but it is kind of of split, which makes the game more enjoyable and gives motive for exploration, than simply sitting beside an anvil to craft 100 axes in hope of getting one mythic...

Nemo
Character: Nemo

Re: Blacksmity - crafting mw and mythic weapons alternative

Post by Nemo » October 22nd, 2022, 1:50 pm

Personally i don't find the system ideal, but i much prefer something that a smith can make himself instead of gating quality equipment mob drops which the smith himself won't be able to obtain.
The issue smiths have to deal with, that inevitably there is a level of gear creep and normal items aren't as in demand anymore, would be even more compounded behind having a hard limit to making higher quality items.

But it's not just the quality of items having low chances, even if you do make a MW, in order for it to be good it needs to proc additional bonuses:
- high enough bonus HP
- bonus resists
- bonus augmentation chance

These aren't nowhere near guaranteed even at 120 smithing and max world lore with all quality perks and smithing specialization.

Personally i'd much rather see some sort of bulk order deed system, where standard and exceptional quality equipment (or something) could be be turned into deeds that would then drop a special tool with which you'd get increased quality chances and guaranteed bonus rolls on hp/resists/augment slots.

This would make every crafted item have some value, even if it's not good enough to get a buyer, giving even starting smiths some sort of value for their items (the deeds could vary in requirement levels, giving lower bonus tools for lower quality stuff and etc...).

Hollis.Maeby
Character: Hollis Maeby

Re: Blacksmity - crafting mw and mythic weapons alternative

Post by Hollis.Maeby » October 22nd, 2022, 2:25 pm

I started playing a smith a few months ago and with that came a lot of opinions regarding this system. For the most part, I enjoy it. I like that the recipe isn't ingots = item and that different resources are needed to make it. What I haven't been stoked about is that the only thing you get back out of items once you smelt them is ingots (Where does my padding go!?) and that the only way to get EXO or MP items it through grinding out mats in the hope of something.

That said, I've always thought that a time based system for items might be a cool way to get EXO or MP items. Sort of like the research books, you have to put X amount of time into something to get a EXO or MP. Which, would make a lot of sense from an rp standpoint. Player X spends Y hours on Z, making it better than a regular item that X player spent minutes on.

I have no idea if this is feasible, my knowledge of scripting is very low so please take this with a grain of salt and know that this is only my dream of the EXO and MP system for the crafting world.