Allopathy, Alchemy, n' Aid

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Lans
Character: Koss Brynd, Lugh Arawn, Lans Tan'tare (dead)

Allopathy, Alchemy, n' Aid

Post by Lans » November 6th, 2022, 11:04 am

I had some ideas I thought i'd pitch that could make allopathy more in demand and on the tail end of the ideas 'even' open the doors for a new engineering product and most players having [limited] use for hematology products.

Idea A.) Integrate an 'up to %' boost to [aid recovery that scales with allopathy. The more chunky sides to the boost could even be after 100% mark; but it makes little sense the more you ponder on it that an Apothecary/Physician/Doctor doesn't heal even 1 HP more than a warrior trained to only know compression wraps and splints.

This could reflect more profoundly in a lot of ways, than raw +HP Regained as that could tilt balance in the wrong ways. I think the premiere way to go would be it casting a 'net of gain benefits' to effect:

- Improved Poison Mitigation be it a stronger remove poison OR a new trait in allopathy that made it so each fail to remove a poison you 'gradually reduce its potency' until you can do so. [[Could require a doctors bag item present in the collection]]

- Improved HP Regain 'or' even a improved HP regen until hit again after the bandaging to reflect the quality medical care, which gives a benefit without outright improving aid over its base format. [[Could require a doctors bag item present in the collection]]

Reasoning for Idea: It makes zero sense Doctors aren't better at giving [Aid than people with stand alone anatomy, and like it should give 'some' kind of advantage using it even if it requires an additional item in the doctors' pack each time its applied.

Idea B.) "Emergency Stim Bracer" -- This idea is for a 'bag type' bracelet made by engineers. It can hold extremely little, enough to fit a single hematology needle, the idea of this item is if you reach a threshold of HP and it has said item in it, it auto-injects the needle, giving intended effects of it as a lowered potency than if you actually had the skill and administered it, the bracelet would have a 20s cooldown.

Reason For Idea: This gives a lot more value to general alchemists with Enhance Potions, the Enhance Potions augment itself, and it gives marketable value to Hematology that presently can't be accessed; as only doctors can actually use these things :X

Idea C.) Out of Combat Poultices/Tonics; These could be rather powerful brews and even under cooking utility boosts. But when we look at bonuses like Stamina Recovery; what 'could' be given to crafters and be okay versus warriors is really different. I propose a line of "Out of Combat" tag brews that lose their effect if you hit/are hit but otherwise have impressive regains for stamina regeneration. Maybe even ones that make the character more effective at harvesting if those aren't existing already? [[Could use Tumeric and Ginger in those, as they're major medical components, but presently have little other use.]]