MAGA aka Make Alchemy Great Again

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Dach
Character: Maddox Thorne

MAGA aka Make Alchemy Great Again

Post by Dach » November 11th, 2022, 9:16 pm

This is gonna be a feedback/idea for the future of alchemy, as I'm trying and discovering it. So I might be wrong on some point because of my lack of knowledge/noob status but this should give a good point of view from a kinda new player experience.

On the menu Today, Strength potion and Alchemy spec.

Let's start with strength. (see picture for stat)

The standard strength potion doesn't require recipe, which is good but make the progression kind of weird.

Then you get the greater strength potion which is an uncommon recipe.

Then I reached the stabilized standard strength potion is a rare recipe, that's where I bugged...

From my point of view stabilized is 100% worse then the greater one... sure you get one more use by bottle but you don't get the carry bonus and the timer is the same... In this case the rare one should be the greater and not the stabilized one...

MY TAKE ON THIS:

Progression should be...

- No recipe = lesser strength potion (+100 carry, timer and charge are irrelevant, more on that later)
- Uncommon recipe = standard strenght potion (+200 carry)
- Rare recipe = greater strenght potion (+300 carry)

scraping the stabilized one... which bring me to the next topic.

Alchemy specialization (which I didn't invest in yet as I find it a waste of Animus in it's current state)

The current bonus for Alchemy spec are +number of use and better timer as I read on the forum post. Also the skill you buy in-game give + chance to Exceptional, Extraordinary and Mastercrafted. This skill bonus currently doesn't affect Alchemy as potion don't have different level of craft.

Another problem with Alchemy Spec is that giving out + uses and + timer isn't good for the crafter... selling these potions just make your customer need less of your potions... which kind of defeat the point if you know what I mean. (Trump isn't pleased with that one.)

Sure + uses and +timer are a good QoL as user doesn't need to carry a tons around. So I'm not against the idea entirely.

MY TAKE ON THIS:

Potion craftable level should include the + uses and +timer. (I don't include specific number on timer or uses, as this is more an idea and not an excel sheet for balance purpose.)

Exceptional = +timer
Extraordinary = + uses
Mastercrafted = +timer & + uses

Also crafting level should include some kind of boost in the effect itself otherwise it feel a bit lackluster compared to other level of crafting for other profession and just giving out + timer and + uses is bad for your business...

That's all for today! Cheers! :D
Attachments
full str.png
full str.png (632.04 KiB) Viewed 551 times

Dach
Character: Maddox Thorne

Re: MAGA aka Make Alchemy Great Again

Post by Dach » November 24th, 2022, 9:28 pm

Okay second post on MAGA...

First and only topic for tonight because it's THE BIG ONE... Research...

Okay this is gonna sound like i'm complaining but I don't care...

Research being RNG is freaking horrible... there I said it... now WHY it is terrible.

For Uncommon and Rare only (didn't include Epic) if you make a research with a vial mixing kit you got 1 chance on 33 to get what you want. Then you don't get what you want/need, you go back to grind another 5000 infusion to retry the shit lottery.

That mean I could research for 1 year of play and never get a specific recipe because RNG said no... just that is terrible design. (unless there is unknown code that look at your already known recipe before rolling the RNG roll, please enlight me if that's the case.)

Then let's say you get the one recipe you want... yay X numbers of uses then back to the shit lottery. :roll:

Then in that same group of 33, you have lots of redondant recipe for the same thing.

Example in explosion with the fuse... fast, standard and long... why do you need 3 different recipe for that? Fuse should be added after the potion is done... if you know how to make an explosion potion, you know... no matter what the fuse lenght is...

(on the topic of fuse, Standard only require Spool of thread, but fast and long require explosive powder, stabilizing agent and acuity powder... just WHY... they are fuse... not potion.)

Same with Cure... why adding a recipe for fortified... which is just a +1 use... you already have alchemy specialization for that...

Flashbang, it seem there is 2 kinds... but no explanation between the 2 what so ever + adding the fuse on top... so much bloat...

Stabilized strenght... and so on...

That's it for today.