Magic User Things

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Kyber
Character: Kyber

Magic User Things

Post by Kyber » November 27th, 2022, 3:19 pm

I'm going to use this to push out an overall data/stats of what I'm seeing as a magic user. This is the whole kit and kaboot.

My first point is to say I'm taking all roleplay out of this equation. This is from a pure mechanical standpoint. To me it's up to players to figure out how to roleplay with magic, make friends and not die.

My thought process doing this is as follows: For all character archtypes there is a start, middle, late game associated with them. Each part of the game has different difficulties and challenges to get to the next stage. The idea of each archtype is to have a build, and then go and achieve it.

Gathering:

This is my intro and a small thing I want to hit on.

Mages stat points limit them when gathering as using stamina when you have low dex or low stamina overall is quite punishing. This generally limits the caster to gather incredibly slow or just ignore it.

My suggestion to remedy it is to add perks in specifical gathering skills that can reduce the overall stamina drain when you do this. This would benefit everyone overall and not just single mages out for a buff.

Possible addition is to add a critical chance to your gathering, granting a bit more of the resource and also restoring a small portion of stamina.

Damage:

The following is done without a spellbook at: 79 Intelligence, 91 Mana, 90.2 Archmagic and 80.3 Incantation and 50 Linguistics. None of these values were done with any SDI as that is closer to an endgame item and most players won't even see that. This was also done all WHISPERED with no whisper perks. (The amount of mana and damage is insignificant to me between all 3)

Ice shards:
15 Mana Cost
15 Damage
21 Actual Mana Cost
Low Cast time

Cleansing Winds:
15 Mana Cost
11 Damage Healed
21 Actual Mana Cost
Low Cast Time
Requires Morium

Ice Aura:
4 Mana Cost
4-20 Damage per tick (Max was 20 completely surrounded by enemies)
13 Actual mana cost, 5 mana per tick
Low-Mid Cast time
Requires Morium

Ice Spikes:
10 Mana Cost
8-15 Damage
12 Actual mana cost
Low Cast time
Requires Morium (For damage to be done)

**Cleansing Winds as a basic healing Arch Magic spell. It says it lifts curses and cures poison. I have never found that to happen. Being poisoned by bushmasters (low level), and blood in Aiwalla (not low level) No poison has been cured and curses have been lifted/cured.

Take this into account:

As a mage you have cast time, cast recovery time, mana to do anything, spells to find, moriums to hold. To fight at -every- level.

One suggestion I would like is to add Arcana specializations. Like with crafting. Give the mage an 'identity' - reduce overall cast time, increase damage, decrease mana cost, cast recovery time within the arcana they choose, and possibly remove morium usage for some spells. Keeping it at the same level that crafting specializations are at. 1/2/3 at higher levels in the craft 70/90/100 or even 70/90/110 of either the arcana itself, linguistics or incantation. This could boost the overall mage in that specialization of arcana and prevent a bit of 'mookery' if someone goes full mage.

Possible addition: Make the 'weapons' that are summoned function as spell books mechanically

To be done: Gear, Skills, Spells, Stats and a few more.