Katalina Grayson application

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
redcrayon
Character: Kylana Steel

Katalina Grayson application

Post by redcrayon » December 5th, 2018, 3:29 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: 
A small amount, I played one previous character for several days before they met their untimely fate!

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I have 18 years of roleplaying experience, starting in short RP arcs in games like Star Trek: Elite Force before finding Neverwinter Nights in 2004. I’ve roleplayed a variety of characters across many settings there ever since.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
My expectations are wide open, I am hopeful for a roleplaying experience full of intrigue, with diverse story and challenge for my character. I was recommended to come and play by my good friend Ghost4Life.

What will your character’s name be?: Katalina Grayson

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features: Katalina is a young woman, appearing to be in her mid 20s. She has choppy red hair and violet eyes. She stands at a short 5 feet and 2 inches in height, leaning towards a simplistic fare when it comes to attire.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Hailing from a ruined Estate destroyed by The Torment, Katalina is the daughter of the Reeve; Heiress to an estate in shambles. With nowhere to go, nothing to lose, and a heart filled with sadness, she makes her way to First Provence, to put an end to the plague of the land, or die in the attempt.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Katalina lived an outgoing life before the ruin of the Estate. A woman of the people, she was always seen out and about, mingling with the farmers, keeping up morale. Whenever a baby was born, she’d visit the new parents. When a person died, she was at the funeral. She even made it a habit to frequent the local drinking establishments, over fancy events with her peers. She was cherished and adored by her subjects, which is what made their loss all the more devastating. She doesn’t care about losing the land, she cares about losing her friends.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario: 
You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass checkpoint. Before you stands a massive outpost, looking to have been erected only recently, of which is patrolled by numerous Legionnaires and Church Templar. The outpost guards the only viable entrance to the recently quarantined First Province; the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic. Sitting at the foot of the massive mountain line that effectively contains the First Province within, the outpost serves as the last obstacle you must overcome before gaining entry into the quarantined territory. You and others like you assemble outside of the palisades of the outpost, awaiting the opportunity to speak your case to the presiding Legion officiant who is processing admittance to the Province.
You watch as but a scant few of the dozens that approach the officiant, whom stands at the outer gates of the outpost flanked by a few heavily armored Legionnaires, are actually allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost. You see some slip pieces of gold to the officiant, while others plead their cases and rationale as to why they should be allowed to enter the recently fallen territory. Some appear to provide some sort of paperwork to the officiant, whom promptly waves them through. While eavesdropping, you manage to overhear the well-rehearsed speech the officiant provides to those whom don’t provide paperwork or grease his palm.
“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is considered to be a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a visa by the perimeter authority. State your business and make it good, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for months without adding yours to the pile.”
You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It’s well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery. However, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant. Gathering your wits, you make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.

Katalina sighs hard. She fled her native home with nought but the clothes on her back and the money in her pocket. Her dress a ruined mess, her shoes worn and her skin battered from days of travel, she eyes up the the latest challenge; the gate.

Held held high, she summons the last measure of pride her high social status had to offer her, and made a deal with a merchant peddling wares in the crowd. The last of her coin, for clean clothes and a bow. She made a hurried change, tied her hair up into a bun and stepped out into the crowd once more. She waits in line with the rest, awaiting her turn to make her case to the Overseer.

“I am Mara Lyonson, of house Grayson,” she said to him, praying to any who would listen that news of the fall of her house hasn’t gotten here before she had. She held up the crest about her neck, a family heirloom. “The Reeve Jorn Grayson sends me with his seal, as proof. He wishes to send forty of his finest soldiers to aid in the securing of First Provence. I am his scout, with the rest to follow. Our men are well trained, well armed, and well prepared to cleanse the scourge of this place.”

She waits as the man assesses her with an appraising eye. She hopes that the fresh, clean clothes on her back are enough to persuade him. If she made the seven day travel on foot without dirtying herself, she must me a mark of skill indeed. “I require entrance,” she continues, “to find a room and lodging, and a place to send a carrier bird with news of the safest route, to guide the assistance here.”
Another few seconds pause, then, with a nod and a flick of the wrist, she was allowed past. She eyes up to the gate, watching the motion as the portcullis is activated, her new home slowly revealed to her.

The Watcher
Character: Staff

Re: Katalina Grayson application

Post by The Watcher » December 5th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Approved!