Detect vs. Hide

Bugs & Suggestions board archives from Act V forums.
Azareil
Character: Gryhun Kren

Detect vs. Hide

Post by Azareil » December 31st, 2018, 4:49 pm

I play as someone who has both hiding and perception. From other game systems, balancing the two is always an issue. As it stands, hiders have quite the advantage over the spotters.

If I detect somebody, they appear for around 10 seconds and then disappear while I have to wait 15 seconds to either detect or reveal again which just seems odd. Why would they or I disappear again when I can already see them?

I'd like to propose that if somebody is detected they remain visible for the detector until they leave the designated perception vs hide radius or if the hider breaks line of sight and hides again.

Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

Re: Detect vs. Hide

Post by Talexis » January 1st, 2019, 12:54 am

+1
I think this is a great idea to have the revealed/detected person to remain revealed/detected until they are off screen or out of range. Just like how when you you have their profile open or have the [look on them that they can't hide until out of your LOS. It would balance the two skills against each other.

silvrfist
Character: Vance

Post by silvrfist » January 1st, 2019, 3:57 am

+1

No sense that i already pass my perception check on the hider but mechanics will auto hide him after 5 secs.

Keeping them shown on the screen till they run out if it or Los is a fair balance.

revenant
Character: Black

Post by revenant » January 1st, 2019, 6:59 am

Could be accomplished by having detect and reveal on different timers. That way you detect and can attempt to reveal automatically.
Could also be done by allowing players to be targeted only by the person detecting them. This allows engagement in combat if that is your intent.

Sethaelia Vhaire
Character: Sethaelia Vhaire

Post by Sethaelia Vhaire » January 6th, 2019, 12:32 pm

revenant wrote: January 1st, 2019, 6:59 am That way you detect and can attempt to reveal automatically.
Please, yes! I recently tried to [reveal someone who I had just [detected only to be told that I have to wait to use the ability. By the time I could use it, the person had flickered into hidden again. Frustrating!