The Legacy of Victoria Black: Letters

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
Vee
Character: Celestine

The Legacy of Victoria Black: Letters

Post by Vee » December 21st, 2018, 10:22 am

My dear Patricia,

*Victoria sits quietly in her desk in a little room at the inn writing in her book*

As I sit here in the dark only the flimsy light from the candle in the corner of the room bringing some light to my world, I cannot avoid to think how this new reality is so confusing for me.
You would love it here, you would be a true bright light in this dark rainy place and people would love you for it.

Vicky... do you believe that they call me that here? Decus... I can only imagine the smartass comments you would give me for it... *chuckles as she writes this line*
And do they even know who this Vicky is? Would they still give me such a warm name if they knew? Would they still treat me as one of them?
I do doubt it, yet I feel warm every time I hear the name, I feel like I belong, I do not want to lose it.

*smiles softly*

I had forgotten what it was to have someone I cared for, that I felt their pain and happiness... it is something I came to enjoy... and regret.
This is such a warm cozy curse, for I, as any other, like to feel love yet it weakens me. One built to fight and die for our ideals is forbidden of such feelings, and once again I am reminded why... and all it took was to have something so dear to me vanish.

My little bird, the one I named like she belonged to me.

Oh Patricia how I wish you were here to see her, she reminds me so much of you with her wit and young defiance. That same fierce look when facing me with her strong stubborn mind, like a bird piercing a wolf with her eyes... I adore it.
I like to see her slowly grow with her young mind in a turmoil, but who can blame her? Young age is never easy and I can only imagine the challenge it is to live such stage of your life in a place like this.
I see her confused and in despair and yet I do nothing... It hurts deep in my soul but for her to survive she has to live and accept this suffering. I do want to hug her and protect her from everything evil and bad, yet I cannot.
I grind my teeth and I watch closely, closer than she will ever know. It pains me but it must be done this way.

And now she is gone...

Someone took her from me, and I let it happen. How did I let this happen?... I am once again a failure... I failed her as I failed you...

Please forgive me.

Venari In Fide
From your sister,
Victoria Black

Vee

Re: The Legacy of Victoria Black: Letters

Post by Vee » December 26th, 2018, 1:53 pm

My dear Patricia,

We found victory today!
We finnaly destroyed the same thing that I wrote about weeks ago, the very same thing that haunted my dreams... it is gone, at least for now.

We did a third push into the crypts, but this was no ordinary day, for we were there to take it down, I could see it in the face of my wolves, as well as in Marcus, they had a clear goal in mind and it was do or die today.
We cleared our path easily to its resting place, all the guards were down and it finnaly showed up... that big mound of unnatural flesh... it irradiated evil.
Marcus and I took the front while my wolves shot it with a nonestop barrage of arrows and the witch did its heretical thing. All was going as planned but I placed my foot wrongly and lost balance as it charged... BAM! I was sent flying across the room by the gigantic abomination, an amalgam of evil, as it hit me with brutal unnatual force, I felt my whole body break the moment its arm made contact with my armor, it seemed like I weighted nothing to it... and so there I was, laying on the floor bleeding in the brink of returning to the flame.

Me and my inner self entered the same discussion we had so many times... but it is getting harder to win it...

GET UP VICTORIA!
I can't... my body hurts.. It won't move...

GET UP NOW!
Just let me rest... I do not have the strenght... let me be... I am done...

GET UP HUNTER!
Please.. let me be... I can't... I just can't

GET UP YOU FAILURE, YOUR BROTHERS NEED YOU! WILL YOU FAIL THEM AGAIN?
I... no.. get up you worthless body.. move! Move now! I refuse to let it all end here! Move you weak pathetic piece of meat!

YES WOLF RISE! YOU ARE THE HUNTER NOT THE HUNTED!
I will.. I will always rise! I will never lose to evil!

And so I grabbed my shield that seemed to weight a million stones and used it to help me get up... my whole body hurt, it felt so heavy... it burned...
After that I remember little of it, my body moved on its own, I only remember bits and pieces of what happend.. I remember keeping up the fight, the pain was gone but I still felt heavy but I kept moving forward the best I could, that thing could not hurt me for Decus and my brothers are with me.
I do know it was gone... I don't remember its body but I know we won.

The next memory I have is getting into my room, dropping into my bed and passing out until today, I am not even sure how long I slept.
My whole body still hurts, it is hard to breathe and I am pretty sure something is broken... but we won!

And well... another scar... I will soon run out of skin for them if I keep this up...

*she chuckles as she finishes the letter*

Venari In Fide
From your sister,
Victoria Black

Vee

Re: The Legacy of Victoria Black: Letters

Post by Vee » January 7th, 2019, 2:01 pm

The Last Breath

"Anything you wish to say?"
"I did attack that man in your town if that is what you wish to know, I apologize but I have my reasons."

"You do know the setence for that is death right?
"And you expect me to lie because of the consequences? No."

"Very well Victoria, do you wish to die on your knees or on your feet?
"I will die as I lived Captain, standing up, thank ye."

The captain nods opening the cell door and motioning Victoria to stand infront of him. And so she did, she stood there straight with her chin lifted high.

"Eight guide you on your path Captain"
And these were the last words she would ever say to anyone in this life.

But there was something stuck in the back on her mind as the captain got his sword out and gets into position...
She closed her eyes and all these images came to her head,

I am so sorry...

I am sorry Little Bird for I will once again break my promise of our girls night out

I am sorry Hala for I will not return to tell you that I kept my promise to set you free from that man

I am sorry Thorn for dragging you into something so personal and I presume you too will be jailed and executed like a mere brigand

I am sorry Marcus for never telling you the words I so much wished to speak

I am sorry Laszlo for I won't be around to discuss with you how we could better this place

I am sorry Avi for not being there for our grand father/daughter fight

I am sorry Lux for I won't be around to beg you for food anymore

I am sorry everyone... please forgive me...

*as this very last thought crosses her mind the captains sword pierces her chest in a swift strong move making her fall on her knees dead*