Azra Ahmad

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Hel
Character: Emma Averesch

Azra Ahmad

Post by Hel » January 14th, 2019, 10:31 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when and what characters you previously played :

Yes, I played briefly years ago, and I have played several characters this act.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience :

I’ve been roleplaying for a long time on a bunch of different mediums.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard? :

I want a great story, and that’s what I expect from the shard.

What will your character’s name be? :

Azra Ahmad

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and notable features :

Rich brown hair was more a mane than it was pampered locks, complementing warm mocha skin and dark brown eyes. What parts of her face she showed looked as though they might have been pleasing, but she often wore a cloth to cover her nose, mouth, and most of her neck. A careful eye might have spotted glimpses of ruined flesh peeking out from under the cloth, red and darkened. She was a lanky figure, tall and thin as though her deformities may have kept her from eating much.

Briefly state your character’s intentions for entering the First Province :

Azra’s intentions were as simple as they came: survival. If the rest of Vitaveus was certain death, the First Province was her last hope.

Briefly provide the pertinent details of your character’s history :

Niunas was a swamp, and its people were its despicable swamp beasts… or so the stories went. Azra grew up in the slums that hugged the mountains, where mothers still left their newborns out in the swamps, believing it to be a greater mercy than to damn them to live through the hell of the godforsaken province. There, if a man trusted another, he must have had a death wish. All looked out for their own, and the best way to survive was keeping one’s head down. So that’s what Azra did, growing with her siblings and keeping largely to herself. She did not escape childhood unscathed but was successfully treated by her mother for an illness that would scar her for the rest of her life. When she grew old enough, she finally fled from the swamps and from the West.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario :

The officiant was making a fortune there at the Rumbling Pass. Azra watched him as he capitalized on the fears and hopes of Vitaveans who had come to seek entrance to the First Province. It must have brought him peace, she thought. Maybe he intended to buy salvation... or maybe he only intended to die a wealthy man. He looked her up and down as she stepped up to speak to him. He sized her up and gave her his speech while her tongue probed at her molars. She raised a palm up just below her chin then and spit two teeth too large to be her own into her palm. One seemed to be constructed of gold and the other of a ridiculously large blue gem. She held them out to the officiant. “Is sol-ad gold and di-mund,” she informed him in a thick Western accent.

The Watcher
Character: Staff

Re: Azra Ahmad

Post by The Watcher » January 14th, 2019, 12:48 pm

Approved!