Why I am leaving

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

Why I am leaving

Post by Talexis » January 16th, 2019, 3:07 pm

I have had a few players PM me asking me why I am leaving so I may as well do a public goodbye.

The reason I am quitting is not because of the PD that was just undone it is because the rules here are not enforced consistently and is on the whims of the staff feelings. I just killed the character in the same way Marcus was killed. The fact that there was prior RP done to the build up of killing Marcus does not matter when the rule that was made is that you have to RP with your victim when you are killing them. I even said at the time that this was a shitty way to kill Marcus and they gave me 0 RP. Even the witch hunters with all their build up had to RP with their victims before killing them. And the cherry on top was being told I should have complained when Marcus was killed. So rules are only enforced when someone bitches and makes a big stink? I did say when it happened that it was a shitty way to kill someone and they gave me no RP. I will not play on Requiem until the rules are enforced in a standard way instead of just on the whims of how staff feels.

So goodbye old and new friends I hope to see you around sometime and for those of you that are staying I hope you enjoyed the RP I tried to create for everyone and maybe you will see someone try to continue it.

5.2 Perma-Killing Fellow Player Characters
Players within Requiem have the opportunity to permanently kill another player when they have defeated them in combat. This freedom comes with a great deal of responsibility. Players are expected to have thoughtful, well-hashed reasons as to why they are ending another character’s life – not simply because they won a battle and decide they want to make a point. Furthermore, we encourage players to interact with victim players out of game when considering, planning or executing a perma-death in so that the situation is handled in a mature and respectable manner.

Perma-Killing another character is the literal final act of interaction anyone can ever have with a character on Requiem. Consider this when you’re still all amped up from the adrenaline rush of winning a battle.

Players whom are found to abuse this system by perma-killing another player’s character without any prior RP or when exigent circumstances do not exist will be dealt with accordingly, to and including the perma-killing of their own character.

Sethaelia Vhaire
Character: Sethaelia Vhaire

Re: Why I am leaving

Post by Sethaelia Vhaire » January 16th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Spoiler warning for those who don't want to know things OOC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q4nck94kj7ng ... h.mov?dl=0

Kylaer
Character: Kylaer

Post by Kylaer » January 16th, 2019, 4:18 pm

I'm not going to pretend to know very much about the dynamics with this server, I'm not even going to pretend to know exactly what your RP is, but after reading your stuff yesterday I'm getting familiar with it. But anyhow this is my 2 cents.

New or old to the lands, strong or weak everyone is part of the living world and should be all treated the same. I understand that if you getting PD'd your first hour of playing here might discourage you from continuing to play here, but in my opinion that is on us as the players to rectify. If new players are being hunted, why are we not sending out a hunting party to find and make an example of the character that is doing so. In my opinion that would create much better RP and a better experience for everyone involved.

With that comes the loss of new players before they even start which is why i would 99% of the time discourage this type of activity and also why i think most RP servers tend not to have much of a player base, especially one like this one that has some actual consequences to dying. But lets say this new player within a few hours of playing was casting in the open and not knowing that it is frown upon, I can't say that my character wouldn't attack him and kill him out of fear and prejudice.

Again I don't know enough about the interactions of what went on, but I think usually in cases like this it is better not to revert what has happened and let the players of his or hers community be the ones to take action in a RP way. I don't think reverting in either instance that you described should be done, although i do believe some RP should be done if you are going to PD anyone and just because someone didn't RP with you doesn't mean that you shouldn't do the same.

I don't know if I had got to meet you in game yet, but i really enjoyed your posts and was actually learning a lot about the server from them, so I will be sad to see you leave.

Kadda
Character: Basti

Post by Kadda » January 16th, 2019, 4:43 pm

While this may or may not have been the cause of your first character's PD. There was at least one public RP post established:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1224

Also, the PD wasn't simply undone, or retconned, we had RP where players revived the man (which was really fun):
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1258

That being said. I was interested in seeing where your pagan storyline was going to go, and I'm sorry you feel the way you do on the choices made.

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by maldonado » January 16th, 2019, 7:11 pm

I don't regularly post on things but a few things need to be publicly cleared up.

Firstly, this situation is not something I or the rest of the team expect to see from long time players.

Marcus died after a good amount of the playerbase had IG discussions and made IG plans to kill him. This went on for over a week. They exhausted their options prior to killing the character. You, the player, had left them with no choice other than to kill the character.

Almost immediately upon creating your next character, you slayed an entire refugee camp, killed an npc horse vendor, then proceeded to PD someone with zero words being said IG (Clearly we looked at the logs).

You don't believe your characters were asking to die by the IG actions they took?

I think you are a good content creator Talexis, and I am sorry to see you leave. But I personally stand with the decisions the team have made.

Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

Post by Talexis » January 16th, 2019, 9:50 pm

The point is it says right in the rules to RP with the victim in the PD. Literally says right in the rules. If you guys aren't willing to uphold the rules that you set then it proves my point. Enforcement here needs to be standardized. Just because there was prior rp to one PD or not does not change the fact that it says in the rules to RP with the victim in the PD. But anyways it was fun.

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by maldonado » January 16th, 2019, 11:42 pm

Talexis, I am not going to have this long drawn out thing on how you think the rules have wronged you. The fact is, they didn't. If you would like to take it up with Sic, Rex or I feel free to contact us in discord. This is not a conversation I will be having on the forums.