App for Vaelith Roth

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Last Raven
Fresh Meat
Character: Vaelith Roth

App for Vaelith Roth

Post by Last Raven » January 29th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, it was several years ago and it didn't last long. I can't remember my characters name, she was very minor.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two: Over the past two decades, it's been entirely within UO. I've put in maybe six total years of dedicated play within those two decades.
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
Last time I played, I felt like it was everything I'd ever wanted out of UO. The systems, setting, and overall theme were great.

What will your character’s name be?:
Vaelith Roth

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Middle aged to older, with brown hair and greying temples. Not unkempt, but well worn. Athletic build with an average height. Brown eyes, persistent stubble that he doesn't let grow out into a full beard. There is little outstanding about him.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
He has a fascination with the past, and seeks relics from it. Ruins are of a great fascination to him, but so are libraries and schools. A historian at heart, he seeks to learn all he can of what came before, to know the truth of the world and share it with all.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret): He is driven by a desire not to forge history, but to witness it.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Vaelith stands in line, watching the area around him. It was not his first time through a check point, but it may very well be his last. His stomach grumbled, and he couldn't help but wonder if this was a mistake. He had made a decent living, enough to live on but not thrive. He would visit villages within the Republic, small places persisting in the wilds. He would offer his services as a treasure hunter, to visit abandoned villages, to help families recover relics from their history. Rusted swords, ancestral diaries, or the remains of a fallen family member. In return, he'd accept coin, food, daughters, or anything else of value the villagers were willing to part with.

It was a simple life, and while there were lean weeks, he mostly managed to keep himself fed, clothed, and with a roof over his head more than once a month. Still, he was getting on in years, and while he knew so much of the lives of the common folk, he desired more knowledge. He wanted to know how we, as a people, had gotten to where we are.

And so, after recovering a relic for the Church, he was offered another job. The biggest job he had ever had. He was to enter the First Province to seek and recover lost artifacts. He would be rewarded for every religious relic he recovered, from ancient dogmatic texts to venerated items wielded by noted clergy. Vaelith saw this as his opportunity, his chance to finally be able to witness the Truths of his world, and within days he had begun his march to the Rumbling Pass, quarantine visa in hand.

He would recover these relics, and see them returned to the Church. By any means necessary.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: App for Vaelith Roth

Post by Coty » February 25th, 2021, 12:33 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!