Application for Sidroth Mortigor

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Voidwards
Character: Sidroth Mortigor

Application for Sidroth Mortigor

Post by Voidwards » February 21st, 2021, 3:54 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes. I’ve played for about two months back in 2018 in a role of a common farmer called Dilgor.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Since about 2000 I’ve played most of the PC cRPG classics, hosted a few dozens of tabletop games (as a GM) and have written a few scenarios in different settings.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I’m currently looking for a more cameral, down-to-earth roleplaying experience. With the grimdark, survival horror-ish setting I’d like to reimagine (and expand upon) playing a simple, indistinctive citizen, exploring the world from inside out – and later on, perhaps, getting involved into something more than just an attempt to make a living.

What will your character’s name be?:

Sidroth Mortigor

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Sidroth is a rather short man around his fourties. His slim, yet manly silhouette indicates that he was fond of physical work, but he has recently neglected his health - or vice versa: perhaps he was sickly to begin with, but still not afraid to grab a spade or a blade.
The man's face is adorned with a semi-unkempt beard below his jawline. A pair of smart, blue, tired eyes look from below bushy eyebrows, for a while capturing your attention from his receding hairline and high forehead strewn with red spots and impurities.
He walks around quite confidently, yet there's no brash in his step. In the rare moments when he's not lost in his thoughts - or maybe a lack of them - he seems to be on his guard and relaxed in a trained manner.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Sidroth usually claims that he "just wants to survive, making the best out of the situation along the way". Where others see Torment, quarantine and religious zeal, he seeks opportunity in other's desperation and myopicness.
Those cliche phrase aside, he's a hunter, no matter if there's a sickly deer at the top of his arrow or a vagabond with a bounty on his head on the wrong side of his sword. Considering the fact that the above are aplenty within the First Province, he is more than eager to lend his skills without sticking his neck out too much or stepping on a toe of the authority figures - be them religious or administrative.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

One cannot shake the feeling, that his presence within the Quarantine Zone is more than suspicious. He seems to be either chasing something, or - perhaps - hiding or even running away from something.
Between the lines he tends to mention his disapproval for magic, but as often he tries just to change the topic, waving his hand as if he tried to neglect the meaningless chatter. On a rare occasion (mostly under the influence of alcohol) he was seen rising his fist to the skies and threatening the arcanists, blaming them for causing the Torment and disintegrating “normal families”. His companions’ kindness and eagerness to pull him down prevented him for cussing excessive blasphemies, yet.
This sentiment allowed him to receive quite a few offers of joining the ranks of witchhunters, which he kept persistently refusing.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario (...):

As Sidroth approaches the clerk, he decides to lower his tone in order to avoid sounding anxious. Only his dried mouth and swollen tongue show signs of his uneasiness.
- “I’ll be straight with you, officer” – he utters, before the man behind the table starts asking him for papers or personal data. – “I’m the best marksman that the Republican forces could find in the near vicinity. I can shoot a squirrel from half a kilometer without spoiling it’s fur”.
As the clerk frowns and begins to open his mouth in resentment, a large, dead squirrel is being thrown in front of him, pushing the papers aside, some of them falling from the table top.
- “Why in Decus’ mercy would I need a dead carcass? This isn’t a joke, scum. The First Province is considered to be a mortal…”
- “Keep it, I’m sure a man of god and reason can make use of it. Name’s Sid, by the way, spelled with “I” in the middle.
As the republican Clerk gather his scrolls together, the man before him turns on his heel and proceeds to move toward the heavy armored guards, wishing for his own best luck. Just before the call of warning was about to leave the official’s lungs, he notices a small, uncut gem between the chipped teeth of the squirrel, now looking at him grotesquely.
NONE SHALL SEE REDEMPTION

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Sidroth Mortigor

Post by Coty » February 25th, 2021, 1:30 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

"Aye, wa-!" The officiant's eyes catch the gem as he goes to continue. Looking quickly over his shoulder he squishily plucks it from the squirrel's maw before tucking it safely into his shirt pocket. "NEXT!"