Application for Maximilian Bates

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
necrobutch
Character: Maximillian Bates

Application for Maximilian Bates

Post by necrobutch » February 25th, 2021, 4:25 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Unfortunately,not.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I have been playing TTRPG DnD 3.5 as a GM for about 8 years. I have also played many rpgs on pc like Baldur’s Gate, Arcanum etc.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I have always been fond of Lovecraftian horror. The lore and the plot hooked me. I have never taken part in something similar before and I am really interested. As for my expectations, I think that it will be a lot of fun, since it seems more like playing a ttprg around a very large table rather than a typical let’s say MMO.

What will your character’s name be?:

Maximillian Bates

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Maximillian is a middle-aged man at the age of 35. Average height 1,7m, and quite bulky weighing about 95kg. He has short thin brownish black hair, which also feels very crude. He also has short stubble facial hair and an ugly square jawline. He has strong arms and crude hands with small skin burns.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Maximilian wishes to provide help by arming the brave souls who venture into lands filled with otherwordly horrors. He wants to master the art of blacksmithing and prove that even with the invention of firearms and other “contraptions” as he calls them, a sword and shield will always be valuable weapons...

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Bates family has always been part of the Foundry, running one of the smithies that are responsible for providing gear to the military of Corlais Castle. Maximillian’s father was a very skillful and smart individual interested in technology, despite being only a weaponsmith. Somehow he got his hands on a pair of firearms and asked Maximilian to help him find out “what is all the fuzz about these... contraptions?”. So, one night they stayed longer in the workshop until the other workers had left, sat around a table and started tinkering the firearm. Suddenly, the gun made a strange click noise followed by a loud bang. Maximillian, who was at the age of 16 was terrified and as he was instantly covered in blood, flesh and brains from his father… Since that night he never touched a firearm again, nor he ever wishes to...

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

“ Greetings, officer! For sure this pile has already many bodies. Many people have come to face a dangers they are not aware of. Are you aware of these dangers officer? Because I am, in a way. I am good in making weapons and armor that kill and protect you from these… dangers. And I am sure there are not many bodies that possess the craftsmanship of a Bates! My job here is simple. I want to try my best to lessen the amount of bodies that will undoubtedly pile up and why not one day reclaim the First Province! So, what say you?”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Maximilian Bates

Post by Coty » February 28th, 2021, 12:10 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

"I say you are a fool." The officiant responds, his gaze not moving to meet your own. "Yet you would have to be to come here. Go on, then. Go and meet your -destiny-." The last word dripped with mockery as he waves you through with little trouble.