Javier Ferro - Application

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Ferro
Character: Javier Ferro

Javier Ferro - Application

Post by Ferro » March 3rd, 2021, 7:27 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

I don't believe I've played on a Requiem server previously.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Once I discovered the UO RP Community on Catskills in 2000 or 2001 I was hooked, and since then I've participated in various RP guilds on numerous servers (only 1 other RP enforced server) for the last 20 years. I've also RP'd outside of UO in games like DAOC, SWG, Albion Online & Classic WoW.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I've heard a lot of great things about Requiem from players over the years and my current Home Shard situation has me looking for something different in terms of RP. The mechanics, Ability/Animus Systems, and Crafting are also of interest - I enjoy fresh/unique takes on Ultima Online when they are done well.

As for expectations... I try to keep them to a minimum, but ultimately I'm looking to have some fun and contribute to a living, breathing, UO world.

What will your character’s name be?:

Javier Ferro

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Javier is in his late 20's and is of average height, weight, and build. At first glance there is nothing remarkable, or even memorable about him. His hair, dark and thick, can often be seen hanging down in his face. Some would think him lazy for not keeping it combed, tied back, or otherwise restrained - upon closer examination one may notice a deep scar across the left side of his face attempting to hide behind his unkempt locks.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Javier Ferro is looking to carve out his niche, quite literally. Seeking to further his studies in Geology and perhaps gain some Engineering expertise while he's at it, the young man hopes to one day improve his station in life. Javier is still considered a neophyte in both trades which means he is quite expendable, and considering the circumstances, this suits his employers just fine.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

By the time most men are in their late twenties they have already established themselves in a trade, yet Javier was still at the bottom of the pecking order with his latest employer. As a youth, he thought that he would farm the same acreage that his Father, and his Father's Father before that, had tended to. Up early, see to the animals, and set out to the fields. It was not easy work, but he loved being outside of doors and working with his hands suited him well enough. Ferro's aspirations of inheriting the fertile soil that he had helped plow, seed, and harvest for as long as he could remember came crashing down when his Father chose his older sister's husband, Ridolfo, to take over the farmstead. He truly was a Fool not to have seen it coming.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

"State your business and make it quick ..."

Javier shifted his weight from one foot to the other, impatient. The men mulled about and squabbled as their Foreman spoke with the officiant. Some words were exchanged, and the Foreman produced a document bearing the Republic Foundry seal along with a leather coin-purse. Seeming satisfied with the outcome of the conversation, the Foreman turned and ushered the rag-tag group forward, handing each of them papers that would prove employment under the sanction of the Foundry and grant entry into the First Province.

As each man gave his name and papers to the officiant, the knot that had been in Javier's stomach began to churn. His mind raced: what would they find, would the men continue their incessant infighting, would there be enough food to go around? He felt like vomiting.

Finally reaching the front of the line, he gripped his papers tightly before passing them on to the officiant, who appeared to be growing increasingly agitated:

"Javier Ferro - Geologic Survey and Engineers"

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Javier Ferro - Application

Post by Coty » March 3rd, 2021, 9:02 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant looks over your visa, seeming preoccupied at the moment. Without much trouble, he stamps it and passes it back.