Application for Zyy

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Zyy
Fresh Meat
Character: Zyy

Application for Zyy

Post by Zyy » March 4th, 2021, 5:24 pm

1. Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: I have never played on Requiem

Not yet.

3. Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I want to play because it looks fun and immersive. I expect to have fun and meet new friends.

4. What will your character’s name be?: Zyy

5. Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
    Height: 5' 7" in.
    Weight: 165 lbs.
    Skin Color: Pasty White.
    Beautiful big lips.
    Hair Color: Reddish Brown.
    Eye Color: Green.
    Wound: Limited movement due to shoulder injury.
    Favorite Food: Chickens.
6. Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

His house outside of Kedian was ransacked by bandits. He watched as my wife lay dead in a pool of her own blood. He lost everything. His carpentry shop was also burned and looted. He is desperate to start a new life.

7. Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret)

Zyy was abandoned by his mother as a child, left in the woods to rot and die. At a young age he discovered his skill in carpentry was far above average. Building unique intricately carved boxes and chests were his specialty. His skill with the saw was said to be unmatched. After years of working as an apprentice Zyy was given the opportunity of running his master's saw mill. His wood cutting skills are akin to the work of a surgeon. Some even call him Dr. Oak.

8. Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Zyy stood in the back of the clump of people. Having no paperwork or belongings Zyy had very little chances of bribing the guard with tangible items. Looking inward as to what to say to the gatekeeper. His mind raced and tumbled and his heart started to hack back and forth. All of the sudden he looked up and stared into the officiant's dim witted eyes. As soon as he made eye contact his mind clicked together like the hinges on a trunk. Zyy smiled at the officiant and gave him a full tooth tooth grin.

"Hail fine sir. I am a master carpenter from the Kedian. My shop was destroyed, and all of my belongings are gone. I seek refuge in First province."

The officiant finally gazed back at Zyy-- looking bored out of his mind.

Folding his hands behind his back and pacing back and forth in front of the officiant. Zyy looked down at the ground and spoke with confidence.

"I'll make it worth your while if you let me pass. I have knowledge of working wood." This old board could use a good hammering.

Zyy winked at the officiant. The officiant smiled.

The officiant then pointed to a back alley, and motioned Zyy to follow.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Zyy

Post by Coty » March 4th, 2021, 10:29 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

"Yes..." The officiant moans. "R-right there!" He exclaims pointing to the loose nails of the doorframe the alley housed. "You brought with you a hammer, I hope?" He looks to you, brows furrowed. "See to those nails and I'll let you through. I've caught my cloak on them for the last time. On the double!" He shouts, turning to return to his duties.