Calvary Strike alteration request

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Lans
Character: Koss Brynd, Lugh Arawn, Lans Tan'tare (dead)

Calvary Strike alteration request

Post by Lans » April 4th, 2021, 8:33 pm

I am hopeful one day Calvary Strike sees viable purpose in every-day play, but instead I was brainstorming how the ability could be improved to be more universal versus other possibilities. I myself have played a very long time, and realize it'd be near impossible to use a great-weapon to hit a mounted path player before it rides off your screen and land this; nevermind I am not sure its ever in the cards for us to get mounts, I don't know personally, i've just never seen them on requiem. And we never see mounted foes (Not sure if this would really help lots though?)

- Rename Colossal Greatblow and have it knock back foes if unmounted; potentially have 10-20% armor pen?

I'm open to any folks ideas on this particular ability because I just notice its on plenty of weapons but not exactly the most useful skill so I hope the floor is open to see it improved.

Orange
Character: Wendy Wagner

Re: Calvary Strike alteration request

Post by Orange » April 4th, 2021, 8:47 pm

the question also arose who is this perk aimed at :lol:
mb archery wirh perks was done before mount's system

The Broken Sword
Character: Alaric

Post by The Broken Sword » April 4th, 2021, 8:51 pm

I agree that having a SWM aimed at dismounting mobiles seems like an extremely narrow vein -- and that replacing it with something a little more forgiving would be ideal. I don't hate the knockback/knockdown idea.

silvrfist
Character: Vance

Post by silvrfist » April 7th, 2021, 5:09 am

*thumbs up to the knockback idea*