Lets talk: Rage

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Roman
Character: Albert De Velle

Lets talk: Rage

Post by Roman » March 27th, 2021, 1:36 am

I would like to talk about Rage

i love the idea of the skill but the way it is working isnt something that fits me

I would love to see this skill to work perfectly in combination of 2x1h and 2h weapons but for now 2x1h weapons generate almost 2x more rage, faster enrage making 2h weapons even more useless (as a write in the off hand topic)
As a 1h skinning knife with 2.25 i generate the same rage as flamberg 3.5. And offhand hit also kicks in.

the both combination should generate the equal amount of rage giving you the fair option to play as you like without drawbacks.

If you feel problem in balancing it maybe depends rage generation from raw damage (as you balance the damage itselfs across different weapons)

What is more the amount of rage you lose when you miss vs the 50% hit chance when your skill is equal looks so huge.
I would propose the reduce rage formula by 25-(Rage/20) so having 120 skill you will lose 19 rage but this one should be more investigated

Roman

Re: Lets talk: Rage

Post by Roman » April 1st, 2021, 3:12 pm

I love the change to balance rage between weapon types and styles but from my point of view the amount generated rage is a little bit to high.

having 70 skill i generate 36 points per hit. 3 hit in a row makes me enrage. So lucky char with high skill rage can enrage in a second hit if your hit rate is good. i think its a little bit too much :)

Roman

Post by Roman » April 5th, 2021, 2:08 am

i would say Rage is in extremely powerful state right now.

-Raging gives you additional hp and stamina (with healing as you gain it as a pool)
-gives you 100% more dmg
-gives you 25% crit chance
-Rage generation speed is too fast and you can easily rage with 2h weapon even at second hit
-Mechanic to counter dodge/parry builds

From Mechanic perspective Rage is a must be for everyone who is fighting in melee combat

I would suggest changes that will back it to the line.
-Reduce the amount of rage you generate each hit
-Reduce bonus damage you get from this - 100 is way to much. maybe half of it
-The more rage you have and more damage you deal you should also get additional debuff for damage taken. Rage would works as a glass canon that deals more damage but also take more damage and people would need to consider if they want to play such way instead of: Take Rage its OP.

Also i would adjust the way crit works. If they bypass dodge/parry it should bypass also some of the armor or introduce something that is a counter for heavy armored. (Poison is counter for everything not only for heavy armored and its not a good example in the way it works now)
Last edited by Roman on April 5th, 2021, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sic
Aeolian Staff
Character: Isidor Abendroth

Post by Sic » April 5th, 2021, 2:26 am

Thanks for the feedback Roman, keep it up!

silvrfist
Character: Vance

Post by silvrfist » April 5th, 2021, 10:38 am

Not sure if intended, but its not everytime you get the HP increased during rage. It just increased the MAX HP only and by the time you heal up, the effect is already gone.

Lucien
Character: Lucien

Post by Lucien » April 6th, 2021, 3:11 am

to me it seems like you have to invest a ton of animus into this tree to make it worth while. without all the addition perks it was basically just a waist of 100 Skill points for me. Also lighter hitting weapons dont generate rage as quickly ( in my experience.)

Honestly if I didnt absolutely love the rage/berserker scream so god damn much I would have traded it in before I bought all the perks that made it workable.

Jayek
Character: Vernon Jayek

Post by Jayek » April 6th, 2021, 7:15 am

Lucien wrote: April 6th, 2021, 3:11 am to me it seems like you have to invest a ton of animus into this tree to make it worth while. without all the addition perks it was basically just a waist of 100 Skill points for me. Also lighter hitting weapons dont generate rage as quickly ( in my experience.)

Honestly if I didnt absolutely love the rage/berserker scream so god damn much I would have traded it in before I bought all the perks that made it workable.
Plus if you use primarily Two-Handed that is also an enormous animus sink imo. I suppose it makes sense for Rage to be very strong when coupled with TH with how much of an investment both trees are. Just my 2c.

wojto
Character: Salazar de Velle

Post by wojto » April 6th, 2021, 12:41 pm

That is nonsense. TH tactics perks without SWM cost 111 animus and this is exactly the same as OH tactics, so I see no reason why Rage should be "very strong when coupled with TH with how much of an investment both trees are". Perks for better fury generation cost 165 animus from Rage, while Offhand requires 270(!) animus if you go with dodge or parry, 345 if both, yet it still got the nerf. Also animus amount shouldn't be the reason to make a skill overpowered. It is simply too easy to get enraged status with 2H(with 1H even offhanded it's not that easy) and that could've not been that bad if not the fact that it gives you 100 DI(even without any perks). I've made Rage for comparison and even with 70 skill and 4 perks I already see a huge difference in pvm, melting zealots in few seconds sometime.

CuteAndWhisk
Character: Me

Post by CuteAndWhisk » April 8th, 2021, 7:24 am

Even after recent changes, rage skill is OP and FoTM. 100% DI plus 20% increase in chance to crit? Extra HP? Extra Stam? It's just too much for a 100% skill cap. Other Stratagems are very weak in comparison.

Roman

Post by Roman » April 8th, 2021, 8:09 am

I like the changes that nerfs my character.

I would reduce the bonus damage from 100 to maybe 50.
Or maybe give it increased damage taken?
Or maybe give it increasing armor penetration the more rage you have instead of just more dmg.

Its all about the idea how you wants it to work.
Its hard to compere it to anything else because there is no other skill that gives passive bonuses to the fighting class.

Ps
generation of rage is cool for me now :)