Firearms: Handcannon

Resolved, closed or solved reported bugs.
Ericson
Character: Rikard Luzkin, Marcellus Avenicci,

Firearms: Handcannon

Post by Ericson » April 10th, 2021, 10:35 pm

So after some testing, I have come to the conclusion that some numbers on the hand cannon just do not add up for a recipe weapon. and is out performed by ALL other firearms by a large margin in DPS, range ben and fire rate.

The DMG of the Handcannon is the overall highest of the firearms, around 39 - 48?
the penetration's bonus is one of the weakest at 12.
swing speed 9+ seconds

all in all, a rather subpar weapon.

pistols being the weakest" of the firearms, one handed with a dmg range of 10 to 22
has an armor pentitratioon of 15
and a swing speed of around 3+ seconds.
at a rang eof 5.

Pistols' out perform the handcannon hands down in most trials of use. areas it failed were also areas handcannon didnt work either.

The blunder buss a non recipe weapon
with a 20 penetration bonus
dmg of 30/39?
a swing speed of 6+ seconds
and a range of 7 tiles.
this actually puts its dmg on par with the handcannon and at a faster speed making it out DPS a handcannon hands down as well.

Just wanna get other peoples opinions on how this can be altered improved ?

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Re: Firearms: Handcannon

Post by Kent » April 10th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Every firearm has a unique identity, role, and place in the PvE and PvP, I've come to find...except for the handcannon. The handcannon is what you get when mom says "We have a blunderbuss at home".

Handcannon definitely needs to get its own identity, and im not sure how that can be done..maybe make it 1h? Otherwise, move values around. Right now, as i said, it's just a crappy blunderbuss from what i can tell...that is recipe gated. I would pay one silver for a handcannon master right now and not a copper more.

If I had a MW handacannon, i would trade it for an exceptional blunderbuss.

Sic
Aeolian Staff
Character: Isidor Abendroth

Re: Firearms: Handcannon

Post by Sic » April 11th, 2021, 1:30 am

This was erroneously listed as a Two Hander.