New Character Application: Valis Hawke

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
ValisHawke
Character: Valis Hawke

New Character Application: Valis Hawke

Post by ValisHawke » April 13th, 2021, 9:51 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

No

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Started RPing in 99 Great Lakes OSI as a member of Bloodrock clan orcs. Have been on numerous shards since then RPing various characters.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

A unique experience with RP as a main focus.

What will your character’s name be?:

Valis Hawke

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Mid 30s, 6ft, long dark brown hair usually held in a pony tail with a beard/goatee and mustache, slim build, sly look to him.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Financial gains, by any means.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Valis has run in all sorts of circles throughout his life from upper to lower than lower class. His personality can flow like water to suit the room.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

"Look, Officiant..." Squints at the badge pinned to the bureaucrat's uniform. "Officiant Salis, am I saying that right? is it pronounced Sahlis? Anyway, we can do this one of two ways." Valis looks side to side and continues, "You can take a rather large pouch of coins from me and hand over one of those visas. We can both go our merry way, myself into the First Province and almost certain death. And you back home to your family with a years wages in your pocket. You will never hear from me again. Or we can go the less than ideal way. You refuse my entry and I go and have a chat with a few unsavory associates of mine. These associates meet you at your house, the small brick two story with green drapes over on Cedar street, and have a vigorous chat with you and your family." The Officiant was visibly shaken by the casual threat and exact description of his home. Without a word Salis pulled out a visa, filled it out and handed it to Valis without further eye contact. Valis reached into his pocket and dropped the pouch on the desk. " Good day to you sir," Valis stated in an overly chipper voice and accompanied by a wink.

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: New Character Application: Valis Hawke

Post by Archin » April 14th, 2021, 7:26 pm

We will need to know more about your character's history before we can accept your application. Please expand upon your character's background with information relating to the lore by editing your post or by submitting a reply below.

ValisHawke
Character: Valis Hawke

Post by ValisHawke » April 14th, 2021, 9:30 pm

Valis hails from the city of Paeldern on the First Coast where his acute business acumen flourished among the merchants and traders. Often playing the middle man or broker he was able to become well connected within the city's mercantile circles. He parleyed this influence into obtaining Citizenship. Despite all the advantages the Beneficium offered, Valis had his sight on higher levels, the Prelacy. But alas after exhaustive genealogical research no link could be found within his family to the Prelates. Dismayed but not defeated Valis swore he would reach higher, by any means necessary. If he could not be officially at the top of society he would still find a way to garner the same respect and power. His dealings began to become less official and more clandestine. Soon he was known as someone "to know" in Paeldern. That is until he crossed paths with an equally ambitious rival. One wrong move and his whole operation began to crumble. Valis left the city suddenly and headed towards the one place he felt he would become out of reach: The First Province. He has learned from his mistakes and plans to build himself up once more but this time to even greater heights.

Archin
Character: Archin

Post by Archin » April 14th, 2021, 10:15 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!