Potions dont stack

Resolved, closed or solved reported bugs.
Lucien
Character: Lucien

Potions dont stack

Post by Lucien » April 25th, 2021, 7:37 pm

Potions of all varieties do not stack all of the time.

is this intended? Im posting this because some of the potions do seem to be able to be stacked. the weight seems the same but the item counts are not.

Mektor
Character: Mektor

Re: Potions dont stack

Post by Mektor » April 25th, 2021, 8:15 pm

Think it's intended. Was somewhere in the Act VI log IIRC.

The odd ones are the ones found on monsters that are stacked. That's not supposed to be.

Domitian
Character: Tacitus Etiam

Post by Domitian » April 26th, 2021, 11:07 am

What would be the reason to NOT have them stack, assuming they are ID'd and the same quality? Seems like making them not stack doesnt add anything but tedium/inventory management.

My 2c would be to make all of them stackable

Voss
Character: Mikhail Voss

Post by Voss » April 26th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Not a single potion I've made on my GM+ Alchemist stack, so I'm assuming that's how it is for player-crafted potions.

Nightstalker
Character: Nightstalker

Post by Nightstalker » April 29th, 2021, 8:44 pm

Perhaps each one created, either through crafting or the loot system, each roll a RNG value for potency. Potions of same potency may stack, but it is a hidden value. Also, unidentified vs. known contents cannot stack with one another. You probably don't want them stacked anyway, not too many. A thief could grab more in one grab than one at a time.
Fear the unseen, let your eyes adjust to the dark. Ignoring what lurks in the shadows may very well be the last mistake you make.