Toxicology Review

Resolved, closed or solved reported bugs.
skew
Character: Ramona

Toxicology Review

Post by skew » May 5th, 2021, 12:51 pm

As requested, a long-run review of toxicology...

0, No, I will not tell you how to get/use toxins so don't ask!

1, Toxins fix weapons. My sword suffers damage on the left side of the number (eg, XX/120), but the RIGHT SIDE increases. So, my sword went from 00/50 to 00/54.

2, None of the effects seem to stick. It's hard to monitor things like "DEX CAP"... but stun and HP REGEN do not seem to "last". The effect happens once, instantly, then nothing else happens. So, things get un-stunned instantly, they lower of the cap doesn't work. Only stamina regen and HP regen seem to do anything, and even then it just happens when you hit.

The toxicology gump says the effect should last for up to a minute+.

3, Toxins do not show as "charges"... and so I have no idea how it's supposed to work. As-is, using a toxin in combat seems to last on your weapon a similar amount of time as poison. Ie, a toxin gives you 10 or so "charges", and once those are used up, the toxin no longer functions. The toxicology gump says it should last 40 minutes, tho?

4, Skinning is useless. I've only seen "lesser" toxins come from the result of skinning, and this is from skinners with 100+ skill and all the perks.

5, Toxins cannot be used on food/drink. Womp womp.

6, Alchemical oil consumes 1 vial to make, but does not return 1 vial. Is this meant to be a sunk cost?

7, Suggestion: Add more options (and COLORS!) to the toxin-crafting menu. As-is, they mostly very generic looking bottles that are easily confused with other vials.

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Toxicology Review

Post by Meowakin » May 5th, 2021, 2:26 pm

In regards to skinning, I know a source for a deadly toxin that affects HP cap. I also know multiple sources of 'normal' toxin, if you want them for testing. Mind you I can't ID them myself unless I decide to drop a skill (maybe if I get a reliable source of gunpower? Who knows!), but I can see the names via the perk that increases viability/yield for specimens.

Speaking of, that's adjacent to the bug I'd reported via in-game with vendors, but very minor impact.

Sic
Aeolian Staff
Character: Isidor Abendroth

Re: Toxicology Review

Post by Sic » May 7th, 2021, 3:12 am

skew wrote: May 5th, 2021, 12:51 pm As requested, a long-run review of toxicology...

0, No, I will not tell you how to get/use toxins so don't ask!

1, Toxins fix weapons. My sword suffers damage on the left side of the number (eg, XX/120), but the RIGHT SIDE increases. So, my sword went from 00/50 to 00/54.

2, None of the effects seem to stick. It's hard to monitor things like "DEX CAP"... but stun and HP REGEN do not seem to "last". The effect happens once, instantly, then nothing else happens. So, things get un-stunned instantly, they lower of the cap doesn't work. Only stamina regen and HP regen seem to do anything, and even then it just happens when you hit.

The toxicology gump says the effect should last for up to a minute+.

3, Toxins do not show as "charges"... and so I have no idea how it's supposed to work. As-is, using a toxin in combat seems to last on your weapon a similar amount of time as poison. Ie, a toxin gives you 10 or so "charges", and once those are used up, the toxin no longer functions. The toxicology gump says it should last 40 minutes, tho?

4, Skinning is useless. I've only seen "lesser" toxins come from the result of skinning, and this is from skinners with 100+ skill and all the perks.

5, Toxins cannot be used on food/drink. Womp womp.

6, Alchemical oil consumes 1 vial to make, but does not return 1 vial. Is this meant to be a sunk cost?

7, Suggestion: Add more options (and COLORS!) to the toxin-crafting menu. As-is, they mostly very generic looking bottles that are easily confused with other vials.
1. Fixed

2. These are quick-acting effects - added additional info to application to help clarify.

3. See above.

4. See reply by a skinner.

5. Intended not to be used on foods or drinks.

6. See patch notes.

7. See patch notes.