Stealth

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
chiquitoblanco
Character: A concealed figure

Re: Stealth

Post by chiquitoblanco » May 16th, 2021, 12:02 pm

What more likely happened is the thief broke in without realizing someone was there. Immediately saw someone was there and ran. If you're concerned people are hiding in the shadows, there are flash grenades

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Post by Meowakin » May 16th, 2021, 12:06 pm

The issue with a buff to perception checks in your home is it would almost certainly need to be all or nothing - a bonus of say +50 effective skill does nothing for someone without perception and guarantees the person with perception will succeed (which I guess isn't a bad thing).

This is somewhat similar to the concept of 'penalties' out in the open in broad daylight - firstly that seems very difficult to implement mechanically while also very likely screwing over all stealthers.

I think the most reasonable change that seems easy to implement (from an ignorant point of view) would be moving through a stealthed individual causing them to be revealed. I don't believe NPCs can push through like players can, so it shouldn't affect PvM uses of Stealth. It does seem silly to know a person is there and their exact position and not be able to reveal them. It only slightly steps on the toes of the Perception skill - even if you know where they are you still need the max stamina to push them, meaning it would be difficult to reveal someone immediately in a chase scenario, plus the range on Perception's detect/reveal is fairly significant.

Edit: Realism would be very difficult to implement and also likely completely remove the viability of stealth.

Azareil
Character: Gryhun Kren

Post by Azareil » May 16th, 2021, 11:13 pm

Meowakin wrote: May 16th, 2021, 12:06 pm I think the most reasonable change that seems easy to implement (from an ignorant point of view) would be moving through a stealthed individual causing them to be revealed.
I like this idea because it makes sense. You're stumbling into someone. You should be able to see who you're trying to occupy space with.