Shared infusion for Gathering Skiils similar to combat

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
AConcealedFigure
Character: A concealed figure

Shared infusion for Gathering Skiils similar to combat

Post by AConcealedFigure » May 25th, 2021, 1:27 pm

Clearing tunnels is slow. Logs are heavy. Get enough animals and skinning takes time too. Wouldn't it be great to do it TOGETHER? An idea to have these gathering skills share infusion within the party, similar to how combat infusion is shared. Now a team of diggers can clear that recent blockage and save the stranded miner. Now we can clear cut entire forests to FEED THE MACHINE! Er... SKINNING! Just a thought. I'm a terrible gatherer but others might appreciate a more social gathering aspect.

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Shared infusion for Gathering Skiils similar to combat

Post by Meowakin » May 25th, 2021, 1:31 pm

+1

Carpenter
Character: Ines Carpintero

Post by Carpenter » May 25th, 2021, 1:38 pm

In general, I think it's a good idea to encourage people to play together.

Gathering is not the fastest infusion in game by far, so I see group infusion as a good way to incentivize teamplay.
Of course, I'd like to see haulers rewarded for their job as well, though it's probably necessary to implement some kind of range/activity check in order to prevent shenanigans like having one gatherer out there and a party of 9 getting infusion at a tavern.

Otherwise, the worst thing that will happen is a group of miners chewing through a few tunnels and capping over 1-3 hours. Probably p. acceptable and even fun. Might be less beneficial to other gathering professions, considering the resources tend to be pretty spread out. Maybe working the field together could lead to some gains as well.

In addition to the above, it might be worth exploring other party benefits.
For example, having party members in range could boost yields by +1.
If you hit 300 nodes together, that could be a significant gain.

Likewise, a party could benefit from a small boost in STA regen when others are in range. Might not be a bad thing for combatants, either - but I'm digressing!

AConcealedFigure
Character: A concealed figure

Post by AConcealedFigure » May 25th, 2021, 1:41 pm

I will say a group of warriors can hit their cap easily within an hour