Finery Forge Change Suggestions

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Ashford
Character: Ashford Reed

Finery Forge Change Suggestions

Post by Ashford » May 25th, 2021, 5:15 pm

I spend quite a bit of time in front of the finery forge and wanted to make some suggestions.

1. Allow for substitution of fuel on alloys that take wood. The first substitution would be to allow for non-normal wood like Ash, Oak, or Yew to be used. The second would be to allow coal to be used alternatively.

2. Reduce the amount of time some things take to forge. One of the better alloys takes twenty minutes of progress bar watching per one hundred. I rarely ever need just one hundred so I usually find myself feeding the finery for two hours at a time waiting on the percentages to complete.

2a. Instead of outright reducing the time required to forge you could create an industrial finery forge that would need additional fuel in order to forge quicker (by doing larger quantity amounts for the same time as the current small batches.) This would front load the work in to more interactive activities gathering fuel instead of the present progress bar watching mini game.

3. Set a fixed time for forging no matter the amount being made. Whether you're making ten or six hundred ingots make the player continue to interact with the forge for thirty minutes.