Perception

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
silvrfist
Character: Vance

Perception

Post by silvrfist » June 13th, 2021, 5:33 am

One of the reasons why one would invest 100 skills points in Perception would be to spot stealth players.

Given theres a whole discussion previously on stealth players and how it leans on abusive it gets, Im not dwelling onto that. (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2355)

The cooldown on usage of perception skill is absurdly long ( takes about 25 secs per usage and you cannot use [reveal immediately after using [detect)

So it leads to a stupid situation where, when you [detect someone, the only thing you can do is to equip a light source and run towards the stealth character.

Take a moment to digest this.... 25 secs.

Does it take 25 seconds for someone that broke stealth to use the skill again? ( I heard it is 10 secs)
And the 10 secs starts when the stealth START hiding, not when the hiding stops/break stealth.
There is no balance in this.

Stealth Players
Activate hiding, wait around for 10 seconds before you initiate an attack. Sprint off and activate hiding immediately.

Perception Players
Waits 25 secs to [detect, then have to wait another 25 secs to do a [reveal. If not, grab a light source and try to run towards the stealther.

Suggestion
  • Reduce cooldown of perception to match hiding skills, with perks to bought
  • Time to -rehide should start when stealth players BREAK away from stealth.

fester
Character: Min Sun Mi'zun

Re: Perception

Post by fester » June 13th, 2021, 5:40 am

Oh, yes, I've given up on chasing stealth characters. Oh no, I got hit, runs, hides, comes back attacks again. It's like a mosquito. It drives me insane and I don't know enough about the game spells and mechanics to propose a fix that will keep everyone happy.

AConcealedFigure
Character: A concealed figure

Post by AConcealedFigure » June 13th, 2021, 7:27 am

I agree I'd like to see some changes to the cool downs but detect cooldown is 15s and reveal is 25s. Being revealed by another person/npc starts a timer for the hidden person where they aren't able to hide. Not sure but it seems like about 30sec before being able to hine again.

The real crime is that head on a swivel only lasts 10 secs with 2 minute cooldown. If you time your detect wrong, you use up your whole swivel waiting on the detect cool down.

wojto
Character: Salazar de Velle

Post by wojto » June 13th, 2021, 7:30 am

Once you detect someone hidden it's super easy to reveal them with lightsource, since you can sprint and they cannot. If you are refering to todays situation, I have 120 hiding vs your 100 perception. And despite that all you had to do, was just equip lantern and sprint onto me to reveal the character after you detected it.

You are right, it is 10 seconds between uses, not after someone gets out of stealth, but you have to get out of LOS of someone to hide. Also once you get revealed somehow, you can't hide for 60 seconds. Perception also gives some fighting boost, as well as way more safety when it comes to dungeons and generally traps/ambushes while hiding is just to sneek onto people, nothing more.

fester
Character: Min Sun Mi'zun

Post by fester » June 13th, 2021, 2:16 pm

You have 8 directions you can pick to start running at to reveal someone, by the time you catch up and reveal them, their run will be full while yours is already halfway done which means they can just press the run button and escape into the fog of war again just by pressing 1 button and holding a mouse button.

Kachina
Character: Lyanora Voss

Post by Kachina » June 14th, 2021, 4:32 pm

Hello! I just wanted to mention that Perception detects your own party members, even though you can already see them. It's a bit deceptive in the sense that if you are with any amount of hidden or stealthing friends, you will detect them, rather than detecting a potential stranger or assailant. Any chance this can be fixed? Thank you guys!

Being lazy - I submitted this as a ticket the other night.

AConcealedFigure
Character: A concealed figure

Post by AConcealedFigure » June 14th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Kachina wrote: June 14th, 2021, 4:32 pm Hello! I just wanted to mention that Perception detects your own party members, even though you can already see them. It's a bit deceptive in the sense that if you are with any amount of hidden or stealthing friends, you will detect them, rather than detecting a potential stranger or assailant. Any chance this can be fixed? Thank you guys!

Being lazy - I submitted this as a ticket the other night.
A good mention. It also pings when someone is down from KO which doesn't make much sense. Likely some status or somethings carrying over

Kachina
Character: Lyanora Voss

Post by Kachina » June 17th, 2021, 7:54 pm

I noticed that as well, and wondered if it's intentional that your concealed status disappears when you get up? Your KO'd body is still concealed, you get up with your clothing on, but your identity is exposed.

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Post by Meowakin » June 18th, 2021, 9:10 am

Kachina wrote: June 17th, 2021, 7:54 pm I noticed that as well, and wondered if it's intentional that your concealed status disappears when you get up? Your KO'd body is still concealed, you get up with your clothing on, but your identity is exposed.
Yes, this appears to be intentional since they changed it so that there is a 1-minute cooldown before you can re-conceal. You used to be able to conceal the instant you woke up.