Solo Missions (or quests)

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Furio
Character: Furio

Solo Missions (or quests)

Post by Furio » June 7th, 2021, 6:42 pm

Hello

Todays suggestion is to make quests for people without factions (much like the ones factions get, could even be the same ones to not make it troublesome or give a lot of work to implement). It could be taken out of a bulletin board and would have a cooldown just like the faction ones. The purpose is to give something to do for those without a group.

So, what do you think?

Losstarot
Character: Kalisto Krauss

Re: Solo Missions (or quests)

Post by Losstarot » June 7th, 2021, 6:47 pm

+1

I really like the idea of accepting bounties from a bulletin board. Could even have a way for players themselves to place bounties (on other players or monsters for resources).

My only addition would be to make single-player quests lesser in comparison to faction quests as to not discourage people from joining a faction.

Drucilla
Character: Mirana

Post by Drucilla » June 7th, 2021, 6:50 pm

+1 to this. Nothing more to say, honestly! It's just a great idea. Include some of us who are no longer in factions in on the fun.

Halcion_25mg
Character: Melchiore and Esme

Post by Halcion_25mg » June 7th, 2021, 6:51 pm

I thought that what the "Verse" button was for on the paperdoll, after using the "Songmaker" button at the top of the forums?

Lucien
Character: Lucien

Post by Lucien » June 7th, 2021, 6:57 pm

older versions of req had NPCs that you could trigger through dialog. By saying a key phrase that was outlined in brackets it would prompt a IG story about the mission and then upon [accept]ing the mission it would start a little event.

I recall one about a haunted house, or maybe it was spiders? there was another one from the local thug boss that worked from the dock district. Lots of good ideas +1

Culexicle
Character: Jane Tyler

Post by Culexicle » June 7th, 2021, 7:08 pm

+1 to this idea.
There are miniature ways to run a faction without it being a big deal as there are available spaces, that is if this doesn't pan out. But I'm all for NPC quests and more!
As many of us will die at some point or another due to player/monster/floods of bad things - I know it is hard for GMs to focus on us as individuals - so it may take a lot of consideration, but if it is possible, that would rock for those without faction

Vee
Character: Celestine

Post by Vee » June 7th, 2021, 8:39 pm

Really neat idea, I think this would be awesome.

Lans
Character: Koss Brynd, Lugh Arawn, Lans Tan'tare (dead)

Post by Lans » June 29th, 2021, 2:47 pm

I love this idea, and there could even be a competative angle that keeps track of how often folks do quests and of what varying value on said score-board they hold in terms of whatever place is the defacto "Adventurers' Guild"; this was the ENTIRE premise of Rogue Galaxy (Ps2?) and I loved that, even though it was single player.

It could literally just be counted under verses but with a [Standard] tag to identify it as clearly less importance than a GM created one.