Application for Dane Crowe

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Kyber
Character: Kyber

Application for Dane Crowe

Post by Kyber » October 16th, 2022, 6:42 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

yes, Kyber and a few others

How did you hear about Requiem?

Pretty sure it was a discord invite.

What will your character’s name be?

Dane Crowe

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Mid 30s, Short hair, dirty blonde. Medium skin tone, brown eyes, average height and a very healthy build. Hair is often styled decently for a man who appears with low income.

Clothes appear cheap, but well maintained. Nothing to expensive - appears low-middle class.

Has a beautifully done tattoos and markings from his neck down to his left arm. Oddly well done for someone wearing average man's clothing.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

First goal is plain, enter the providence and establish bearings. Find ways to make money, protect self and find a group with aligned interests.

Looking for information on the torment, heretical findings, arcana, alchemy and every that edges near a quick end on a pike.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Growing up an Orphan is difficult enough, growing up an orphan because your father murdered your mother for being a pagan to advance in his job - is a little different. Can't thank your father enough for planting fake evidence to show 'no one gets passed my eyes'. Apparently, witch hunters thought different when they found out you were both witches...another story.

His Father, for better or worse - will forever be the greatest bane to himself. Having children he thought, was a godsend - until he was required to provide extra for them. Time after time convinced, they were not his because of a drunken stoop, well he found out that murder doesn't work when you're a drunk. Orphans when they are old enough tend to do things rash... like join the legion to escape, only to find out its not heroic, mostly boring and you'll always do the bidding of others to make them look better, especially when you come from coin made of dirt - oh, and the time you do something its very dangerous, the torment is not something to mess with.

From orphan to church hand, to legionnaire, to student to...endless, does it really matter now? Dane has not been one to settle. Stepping up to the rumbling pass, even as a traveled individual - is a gasping event.

You can see it all - obvious 'scholars' who carry books they let no one see. Witch hunters who stick together, talk and brag, cladded warriors whose hands are made of the same metal as sword, and even such folk that if you blink to long might just steal the toes from your feet.

Dane looks over his things and lets out a sigh. 'How am I gonna get past this line, most of these people don't look like they could survive a winter.' He nods and starts to look over his things. 'Ok, that guard will take a bribe - or I can use my experience, might be one of the brethren.' Dane rubs his fingers together a moment. 'I could steal a ticket...could also hurt someone for it - at this rate that man looks so tired of riff raff I could forge one on a small piece of paper and he might just take it. Decisions....'

Dane steps up to the man and sighs, as if playing the part of a weary traveler who does not have time for it. 'Look, I'll save you some time and get to the point - A camp in the province was attacked, some officer in the legion is real pissed and nobody wants to go in there because its 'child's work'. Here's my medallion, and some papers showing my discharge. Yes...discharge, no, they don't want to send any more people in officially because that's like spitting on a dung pile and saying you're cleaning it up.' Dane holds out a few things, looking at him with weary eyes. 'Good?'

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Dane Crowe

Post by Coty » October 16th, 2022, 8:45 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!