Application for Nivellen

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Atreyo
Character: Fiat Tenebrae

Application for Nivellen

Post by Atreyo » November 29th, 2022, 11:32 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

A little, I played here before at some point.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I always enjoyed rp, MUDs and solo adventure books. I had a tabletop DnD group a few years back, too.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I like to think about characters and how they affect the world, and it's fun getting to know people with similar interests.

What will your character’s name be?

Nivellen.

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

She's a fair-skinned woman reaching her mid-forties. Her long dark hair is markedly turning gray and hangs in a tight ponytail. She is shorter than her Arkhonen peers, with fairly unremarkable dark-brown eyes. A handful of age spots are visible on her arms and upper torso, and she wears flowing, loose tunics that hint Nivellen isn't particularly concerned about prying eyes.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

With Torment spreading fast towards Kalastaa, other smaller towns were also caught by the ever increasing numbers of the walking damned, and this was the case of Kuhja, her hamlet farther to the frozen north. The swift and irreversible shutdown of the once bountiful fishing industry not only turned an already taxing struggle to make ends meet for the commonfolk nigh impossible: Nivellen's family had relinquished most of their savings a few years ago on two expensive trips to see Redholme physicians in hopes to save her mother from whatever was rotting her insides.

She and her father were living off berries and reindeer milk for a long stretch, and one day he didn't return from his expedition up north to look for pelts. Nivellen was unable to maintain their hovel by herself, so she packed what meager belongings she kept. There was a choice to move north or south, and she was much fonder of people than taiga and reindeer, so she decided to shove her chips at the First Province despite hating the climate.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Nivellen always carried herself quite liberally, a way of life wholeheartedly embraced by her parents. She started working at her first sauna shack at the tender age of sixteen, never to know any other trade while still on Arkhess. Prior to that, she'd sometimes tag along her father to the eskers up north in search for reindeer hides and meat.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

"Next", said the customs officer, with glazed eyes and holding his chin up over a gauntlet.

Nivellen approached his desk, reading him enough to realize this wasn't the time to attempt a personable conversation. She didn't have anything to offer the man, the possessions she had in the bag strapped loosely over her shoulder barely sufficed for her alone.

"This is yet another pair of hands, maybe the hundredth you've seen before the lunch bell", she said. "I can probably carve a chunk of beef out of fresh game, but mostly I'm good at making people warm and comfortable. The name's Nivellen if you need it on one of those forms piled there, and I'll trust you because I can't read what it says".

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: Application for Nivellen

Post by Archin » November 30th, 2022, 12:28 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!