Versatile Mixed Vegetables

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Atreyo
Character: Fiat Tenebrae

Versatile Mixed Vegetables

Post by Atreyo » March 10th, 2023, 10:52 pm

There's one particular ingredient that's used in many Agriculture recipes: mixed vegetables. Right now, to make this ingredient, we need two rather tricky vegetables to gather (celery and onions). That's not a problem in itself, but I believe we can do something cool with other Agri ingredients.

Most of them are quite underused. Take asparagus, for instance: can you make something other than cooked asparagus? I believe we cannot. The same goes for other vegetables, and that got me thinking: what if we had more ways to craft mixed vegetables based on different sources?

We have a good example of this in Tailoring as we're able to make the same spool of thread using either flax or cotton. I think it'd be nice to have a couple ways to get mixed vegetables, preferably making use of other ingredients that routinely see little to no use. Two birds with one stone, in my opinion.

Dach
Character: Maddox Thorne

Re: Versatile Mixed Vegetables

Post by Dach » March 11th, 2023, 3:19 pm

I agreed. So many recipe are locked by rare/hard to get ingredients... :cry:

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: Versatile Mixed Vegetables

Post by Archin » June 22nd, 2023, 7:40 am

This is something we can do - anecdotally, what are the most underutilized veggies that I could make a few varied recipes for to help shore up this bottleneck? Just Asparagus?