The Legacy of Valentina

A forum dedicated to single-thread posts of characters within the game world to help document large events, stories and milestones in one consolidated thread.
Valentina
Character: Tina

The Legacy of Valentina

Post by Valentina » June 15th, 2023, 12:26 am

[[ Most spoilers redacted, but minor ones below - read at your own risk. DO NOT METAGAME! ]]

Character Name

Tina

"I want to be sparkly and pinks and purples, but the world is on fire and I am angry. I wanted to be happy, I got traumatized. What do you want from me?"

Full Name: Valentina Ostell
Birthdate: Warmwind, day unknown
Birthplace: Probably Kaduraas
Birthsign: The Moon

Appearance

Height: 5'4"
Weight: Average to Slim
Eyes: Gray
Hair: Dark Brown Wavy Curls (currently dyed purple)
Skin: Dark & Tawny
Handedness: Ambidexterious
Posture: Very Casual
Hygiene: Good
Scent: Vetiver & Soft Musk

Physical Description:

This woman is roughly in her twenties. She is shorter than average with a lean and athletic build and an odd grace about her. Gray eyes sparkle mischievously from a face framed by layers of unruly curls. Her expressions are animated and she’s easily excitable, she does not seem very deliberate in her actions and comes across quite impulsive. She gives the impression of being very much a girly girl, but also apparently fails miserably at remaining well kept.

Personality

General Health: Good
Profession: Excitable Nuisance
Faction Affiliation:
Languages: Common, Collatian
Accent: Moderately heavy western accent
Roleplay Tools: She loves pink, and smashing things
Hobbies: Socializing and Hunting
Habits: Full of restless energy, more often than not rocking from heel to toe whenever just standing around

Personality Description:

Tina's first impression can vary wildly with most people as it completely depends on whatever situation she is currently in. Though it would be absolutely fair if everyone just assumes she is immature upon first meeting. She is exuberant and full of restless energy, unwilling to stay still for long periods of time. If Tina is still, then something is most likely wrong. Though she is generally easy going and carefree, she can sometimes act as a mirror to those around her and reflect their disposition back at them. She says what's on her mind and has a habit of asking potentially intrusive or inappropriate questions, though generally from a place of genuine desire to learn.

The more someone gets to know her, the more they can see past her bubbly personality

History:

Born in the foothills of the Godspine in poverty Valentina is practically the opposite of her brutal brother but there is a similarity shared in some respects. An unexpected child born to parents who assumed they were too old to still have the ability to conceive, she remained nameless for a large part of her early years which she assumed was due to laziness. Eventually her shenanigans granted her the name after many swift elbows from her mother towards her father caused him to quickly tack on “...a. Valentina” while scolding her. Her brother was hardly around anyway and no one else seemed to care. Left mostly to her own devices she accumulated many random assortments of skills to survive the world around her, and to have some fun while doing so.

Strengths:Fiercely loyal
Weaknesses: Impulsive

Governing Virtue: Valor
Governing Throne: Chaos, maybe some murder sprinkled in.

Valentina
Character: Tina

Re: The Legacy of Valentina

Post by Valentina » July 5th, 2023, 9:45 pm

Tina was beyond confused.

She couldn't tell for sure, but it seemed like Jakell was taking the brunt of everyone's hatred, and she was pretty sure he didn't do a thing to really deserve it. As if he could murder anyone, much less Lucien. That boy looked like she could snap him like a twig if she wanted to. There was something about this being all his fault from the start. She told herself it was just the chaos of recent events confusing everything, but it didn't stop the nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach. So began her mini-quest to find out what exactly people were being so pissy about.

It started in the basement of the Herald offices where the back issues of the newspaper were kept. As much as the man who tended to things down there was one of the most attractive men she's ever seen, she didn't need anyone bothering her while she stumbled through, attempting to read them all. It took ages to find the relevant papers and then ages more for her to read and comprehend them.

Finally armed with all of this newfound knowledge, Tina realized what an utter fucking waste of time that was. It didn't make her any less confused. Multiple trips back and forth, and she didn't even get to flirt with McHotty. She supposed it was now time to do what she does best. Ask anyone who would talk to her all the questions she can think of.

The pool of responses seemed to go one of several ways:

"That guy? Good riddance. Two years too late I tell ya."

"*sobs* H-h-he helped me when I first arrived. Gave me food, water, supplies... such a sweet man... *sobs*..."

"Not that I care, but what does it even matter? Pretty sure they're gonna kill that Wormwood guy anyway. That's all people here care about, death and coin."

"Get out of my way, philistine! Learn common or go back where you came from."

So... that could have gone better.

Surprisingly no one was talking about the three men actually charged with murder. Not that she has come across yet. She only ever heard them bitch about Jakell. Tina couldn't understand why he was so hated. He was one of the nicest people she's met coming here. He didn't treat her like she was immature or too much. He was patient and funny; most of all, Auntie Vera loved him. Granted, Auntie Vera loved the other one, too... but he hurt her so much. Even though his death brought her pain, it also meant he would never hurt her again. Auntie deserved that much.

It wasn't until she met Celdea that her desire to understand peaked. She didn't mean to make her sad; she just wanted her insight and opinions. It was the final push she needed. The idea of this newfound friendship with someone so much like herself being ruined because no one was making sense. She just had to figure out who best to talk to.

That would be a bigger problem than going through the Herald's archives. Tina huffed, the hot hair blowing strands of purple from her face in a wild flurry momentarily as she muttered to herself in Collation.

"Nobody fucking tells me anything..."