Character Application: Aoibheann Buckley

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Sammegarian
Character: Leon Donovan

Character Application: Aoibheann Buckley

Post by Sammegarian » August 2nd, 2023, 3:23 am

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

Yes, I currently play Leon Donovan.

How did you hear about Requiem?

Spent some time googling “UO RP Shards” (This isn't the first one I tried, but seems to be the only one with an active population.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Aoibheann Buckley

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Aoibheann is a beautiful redhead of twenty-two years old, she has light skin and long red hair. She is 4'10” and weighs around ninety pounds. She has emerald green eyes.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Hailing from Heston, Aoibheann grew up around farms and worked alongside her family to tend the fields. She played in the mud like any farm child, and had to learn to wash clothes and milk cows. One day another girl arrived in the village she lived in, this girl, Nikita was from Teramer, in the Western Territories. Nikita's family had fled after their home was destroyed by those afflicted with The Torment. Nikita had her brother's wooden sword, and soon Aoibheann learned to be jealous of that wooden sword.
Years later, Aoibheann had her own wooden sword and she and Nikita would play-fight together any chance they got. They promised each other they would one day be real swordswomen. When Aoibheann was sixteen disaster struck, Nikita's parents were discovered to be in possession of heretical texts and were put to death. Nikita was to be put to death too, but managed to escape the initial arrest attempt, and fled to Aoibheann's home, telling her friend everything, which included Nikita being gifted with magic. Aoibheann took this information in, and she and Nikita fled their village, and the very territory of Heston.
The Venerated Inquisition caught up with them after a couple years, and Nikita used magic to fight them, she killed a few before taking an arrow to the gut, she told Aoibheann to run, with her dying gasps. Aoibheann ran and she grew to detest those who hunted witches. Over the next four years she studied both the blade, and magic, to avenge her fallen friend.
When she heard that there could be ancient secrets in Tor she decided to make for The First Province to see if she could learn magic there that might help her accomplish her goal.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

To hopefully learn ancient magic in the ruins of The First City.

Scenario Response:

“Hello, my name Aoibheann Buckley. I am a swordswoman seeking entry into The First Province, I have a paper here for you to look at.” Aoibheann says, handing the officiant a blank sheet of paper folded around a few gold coins which she worked long and hard to earn for just this reason. “I'm here to help with the efforts in reclaiming the province. If that looks right to you, may I please pass?”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application: Aoibheann Buckley

Post by Coty » August 2nd, 2023, 6:57 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!