Character Application - Albert Kessler

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
AlbertK
Fresh Meat
Character: Albert Kessler

Character Application - Albert Kessler

Post by AlbertK » November 12th, 2023, 4:28 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

I haven’t played Requiem before.

How did you hear about Requiem?

I’ve heard a lot about this shard from fellow players on other roleplaying shards

What will your character’s name be?

My name is Albert Kessler.

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

A young man aged 32, of average Hight (about 5 feet 8.5 inches), slim (weight around 172 pounds), brown haired, brown eyes. Albert has a fresh burn scar on his left shoulder that he prefers not to talk about.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Being recently released from Kalastaa prison after being convicted for relatively minor theft crimes, he decided to move on to a much wealthier province. He intentionally burnt himself with red-hot poker in order to dispose of the convict’s mark. He also headed South hoping to blend in and seek some new fortune.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Albert Kessler has recently arrived from Kalastaa. Originally, his family dwelt farther to the North in those less fortunate territories where the Torment caught them. He knows little about the fate of other family members, as only his mother, along with little Albert, made it onto one of the ships with refugees. They survived the storms and the long quarantine onboard until the authorities ensured they were not sick and allowed them to disembark.

All he can recall from his childhood is a life full of misery and poverty. In an attempt to feed herself and the child, his mother gradually descended into the worst ways to make money. Consequently, he became well-acquainted with the taste of fried harbor rats and rotten vegetables, remnants of the periods when they literally had nothing to eat. In private talks Albers sometimes recalls, that over time, his mother succumbed to syphilis, a typical disease for her profession. Fortunately, at that point, Albert was already old and healthy enough to work as a longshoreman at the port.

One day, a local captain noticed a nimble and capable lad and offered him a position on his ship as a cabin boy. From that moment forward, Albert experienced firsthand all aspects of a sailor's life - both in the raging sea full of sharks and in the dark alleys teeming with thugs.
Fed up with that miserable life, he gathered his savings and headed to the First Province, seeking new fortunes and disregarding the possible dangers… Luck loves those who dare.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

“Hello sir!
My elder brother Arthur and his family used to live in the First Province, where he had a farm. Here, look, I can show you… (Albert points with his finger at some location on the map he holds). Two years ago … (he lowers his voice and speaks with some grotesque sadness) we lost any connection with him. I have no other family, but him, sir! And I have to find out what has happened of him and his family! Give a proper burial... take care of the property...”

Saying that, he discreetly revealed a small purse with coins under the table, in which he prudently placed half of his savings. He pretended to accidentally drop it on the floor, all the while continuing to gaze at the official with sympathetic eyes.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application - Albert Kessler

Post by Coty » November 12th, 2023, 5:44 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!