Character Application for Truss Minou

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Hathus
Character: Hathus Gress

Character Application for Truss Minou

Post by Hathus » November 16th, 2023, 1:55 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes. I played during act 5

How did you hear about Requiem?
Friend referral

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?
Truss Minou

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
About 5’10 with dark curly hair. Tan skin and fit build from a lifetime of farm work

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
I enjoy a challenge and having worked on the farm all of my life I feel the first province with its open land is perfect for a Pioneer looking to reclaim the wilds.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
The first province is full of the unknown, but it is also full of opportunities. I think that Truss’s experience, drive, and willingness to learn will be of benefit in such an environment. Starting over with near nothing and staking a claim to a plot of his own. Coming from a large family and the 7th son which entitled him to nothing he set out for the first province in an attempt not just start a farm of his own but maybe make a name for himself as well. His father understands the call of a farmer and helped Truss sell off his belongings and even contributed a little of their meager savings to help in his goal to enter the first province.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

Truss waits and watches as each of those in front of him steps up to the officiant. One after another they approach and each one is sent away. Hunched shoulders and backsacks swaying as they leave the line to return another day. He shifts back and forth in place repeating in his mind the script given to him. A little man who had approached him on the road sold it to him for a silver coin. Claimed that if he stuck to the script, he was guaranteed to gain entrance. He hoped that this along with his letter of greeting would be enough.
Right before it was his turn Truss looked up to see a man howling and screaming. Two other men dragging him from the officiant who seemed mostly unphased. A moment passed as things quieted down and Truss was waved closer “Next!”. Hefting the last of his belongings over his shoulder the last few meters seemed a league away.
Reaching the man, he stands straight offering a leather satchel that contained his letter of greeting, some more formal documents to his identity and the jingle of silver coins. He didn’t have much but he hoped it would be enough. He began to speak “My name is Truss Minou, farmer by trade but also skilled with spear and bow. This satchel should hold all the necessary documents for me to gain entry.” He paused after such a simple declaration staring directly at the officiant with mouth slightly ajar… He had forgotten! What did the script say? Name… profession… what else… He did his best to remain composed and awaited some sort of que or response from the man. Again, hopping that the coin would be enough to make up for his blunder.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application for Truss Minou

Post by Coty » November 17th, 2023, 10:47 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!