Character Application: Venas Quixatan

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

lufroloc
Fresh Meat
Character: Venas Quitaxan

Character Application: Venas Quixatan

Post by lufroloc » November 29th, 2023, 4:19 pm

PLAYER QUESTIONS: By applying, you are signaling to staff you have read the application, character and shard rules.

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

None at all

How did you hear about Requiem?

I was actually just browsing google images and went on a series of clicking “related searches” until I found something from Requiem that I found visually appealing, then I searched for the actual game - found it - and took interest.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?

Venas Quitaxan

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Average height, ghastly pale appearance, black long hair.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

He is in pursuit of any institution that will allow him the best possible resources to pursue his faith, as well as academia. These are the things dearest to him, and he will travel to the ends of the earth to develop himself in these regards.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Shortly after Venas’ birth, his parents both succumbed to The Torment, and he was taken in as an orphaned infant by the Sacred Eyes church of his birthplace, the small parish of Wylthentold situated in north-western Ostenam, near the border of the Western Territory of Teramer. Throughout his childhood, he was educated in the ways of the church and due to his devotion, quickly gained high esteem as a scholar within the church. However, he’d grow to disapprove of the church’s canonical interpretation of faith through blind prayers and considered that true faith must come from knowledge, so he wanted to bring into being his own framework of faith, a faith that is based on purity and truth. And, to him, knowledge is truth.

Scenario response:

Due to his rank and involvement with the small Sacred Eyes church of Wylthentold, the grand priests thereof have gone through the process of procuring him a visa, through difficult process with the Church of Decus. After his long and arduous journey eastward, by a number of carriage trips and long travels by foot, he has finally reached his destination. Thinking the officiant to be unfamiliar with the pursuit of faith, he simply states “I am on business by supplication to my church” - handing over his visa and the relevant documents to the man.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application: Venas Quixatan

Post by Coty » November 29th, 2023, 4:59 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!