Application for Benjamin - Secondary

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Rasamith
Character: John Llareth

Application for Benjamin - Secondary

Post by Rasamith » December 4th, 2023, 11:36 pm

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

John Llareth, Marilla

How did you hear about Requiem?

I was born in it

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Benjamin

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

A man who hails from Ghaenthgrand. Ben's eyes are dark and severe, in a near constant state of being bloodshot. He wraps his face as those who have long learned how to move across the blinding blowing sands of Prodai have. It's possible he's well travelled. His back is strong and his shoulders broad, though the man himself does not seem to be of any sort of impressive height or grace.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

He looks for work, away from prying eyes. A nice little corner of obscurity to put himself to a task.

Scenario Response:

It takes several days but he waits near the station, the sky reeling overhead. He seeks quiet and seclusion while the trains arrive, a part of him wondering if the chance will ever come. He spends good coin on dyes, adjusting the fabrics of his travelling gear to give him a different appearance, a slow arduous process for someone not skilled with the needle.

It doesn't need to last long, less than a day.

Finally the opportunity presents itself, as he spies the telltale billowing fabric about a Prodai carriage as it is painstakingly unloaded from a train car. Sure as can be, a few travelers climb out and surround the carriage, revealing clear ownership. He approaches one.

"Might I join briefly with your group, travelers, to pass by the checkpoint? Be you laborers or not, I have something of value to offer this first province when I get through, but I was dismissed offhand on my first attempt. I have the coin to pay my way, please sir..."

He receives a stare, a cold look of distrust as his ramshackle garb is appraised, as if it doesn't look quite right, as if his accent does not match what he's trying to pass himself off as. He hears a few words in Collatian, and his heart stops a moment. Can he trust his memory? Has his practice been for nothing? It's been so long since he was taught the phrase and it could all be for nothing if he fails to impress.

"Dhas kraltac briavallac"

The man looks at him, a furrowed brow, curious and hesitant. Then another phrase that Ben did not understand, but it sounds... affirming, conclusive. The man from Prodai turns away and motions Ben to help, and he moves to help release the tie downs on the wagon - suddenly looking like hired help. Ben turns quiet until asked for coin, until he's past the checkpoint.. Until he no longer needs to appear as one of them.
Last edited by Rasamith on December 21st, 2023, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Tarsis Ventari - Secondary

Post by Coty » December 7th, 2023, 5:52 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!