Character Application: Nimbus Etherwind

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

ZekeMorrin
Character: Zeke Morrin

Character Application: Nimbus Etherwind

Post by ZekeMorrin » December 20th, 2023, 4:35 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
I've been playing at Requiem for a week and I truly loved it. Zeke Morrin is my first and only character so far.

How did you hear about Requiem?
Many years ago I discovered some Ultima Online shards called as Age of Avatars and Grimmwold. They were so unique and RP intensive, I still remember them, but they are long gone. Just recently, I was searching if these developers made any new projects, I couldn’t find anything about it but I discovered this shard through Reddit while making my research.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?
Nimbus Etherwind

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Nimbus's muscular build is a testament to the physical demands of the battlefield. Each sinewy muscle, honed through relentless training and battle, speaks of a strength that goes beyond mere physicality—it reflects the indomitable spirit that defines him as a true warrior at heart. Despite the scars etched into his skin by the torments of war, there's a resilience in his gaze that refuses to be extinguished.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
In the forlorn landscapes of the Eastern Territories, where the echoes of war lingered like haunting whispers, Nimbus Etherwind rose as a formidable warrior. His journey, entwined with the chaos of battle, took an unexpected turn when he received an invitation letter from an old comrade, Zeke Morrin, beckoning him to the heart of Fort Foundry.
The winds of fate guided Nimbus to Fort Foundry, a place he had only heard of in the tales spun amidst the turmoil of the Eastern frontiers. The invitation from Zeke, the craftsman whose hands wove serenity amidst the tempest of war, was an unexpected reprieve from the ceaseless clashes with the Torment.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history.
The towering gates of Fort Foundry creak open, allowing the winds of destiny to guide Nimbus Etherwind into the heart of this bastion of resilience. The air, once heavy with the stench of war, now carries the scent of heated metal and the rhythmic clinks of Zeke's workshop. As Nimbus steps through the threshold, the colossal silhouette of Fort Foundry looms above him, a testament to craftsmanship amid chaos.

The blonde locks of Nimbus sway gently as he moves, catching the sunlight in a radiant dance. His figure, tall and commanding, casts a formidable shadow against the ancient stone walls. The cheerish aura that envelops him becomes a stark contrast to the ashen remnants of the Eastern Territories he left behind.

Nimbus moves with purpose through the courtyard, his eyes scanning the surroundings. The fortress, a labyrinth of creativity and fortitude, unfolds before him. He feels a familiar warmth in his chest, a pull that leads him toward the heart of the fort.

In the courtyard, amidst the rhythmic clatter of hammers and the hiss of molten metal meeting cold water, Nimbus catches sight of Zeke Morrin. The craftsman, immersed in the creation of yet another masterpiece, looks up at the approaching warrior. Their eyes lock, and a spark of recognition ignites.

As Nimbus approaches, Zeke's face lights up with a mixture of surprise and joy. The clinking of tools ceases momentarily, replaced by the cadence of footsteps on cobblestone. The two friends, once comrades in the armies of the Eastern Territories, now stand on the grounds of Fort Foundry, their paths converging once again.

"Zeke," Nimbus calls out, his voice a hearty resonance that cuts through the ambient sounds of the workshop. Zeke turns fully toward his friend, a beaming smile spreading across his face. The embrace that follows speaks volumes—a reunion of kindred spirits, each marked by the journey they undertook since their days on the battlefield.

In the heart of Fort Foundry, amidst the symphony of creation, Nimbus Etherwind and Zeke Morrin stand united. The warrior and the craftsman, their bond forged in the crucible of war, find solace and camaraderie within the walls of this fortress of possibilities. And as the winds of change whisper through the air, the two friends embark on a new chapter, their destinies entwined in the artistry and innovation that define Fort Foundry.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
Approaching the officiant, Nimbus, in his thirties but exuding the vitality of youth, squared his shoulders. The officiant, with a monotone and nasally tone, began the rehearsed monologue about the quarantine. As the words droned on, Nimbus seized the opportune moment, his voice carrying an air of resilience.

"Officiant," Nimbus addressed, his tone steady and unwavering, "I carry no official papers or gold to grease your palm. What I bring is a purpose forged in the crucible of war, a determination to face the unknown within the fallen First Province. The winds of change carry whispers of salvation and treacherous truths, and I stand here not as a mere wanderer but as one who seeks answers and perhaps a chance to mend the wounds inflicted upon this forsaken land."

The officiant, snorting in disdain, listened to Nimbus's words. Undeterred, Nimbus continued, "I may lack the luxury of a Quarantine Visa, but my intentions are as clear as the blue sky above. I've faced the Torment on the Eastern frontiers, and now, I stand before you, not seeking refuge but embracing the challenge that lies beyond these gates."

The officiant's gaze lingered on Nimbus, and for a moment, the winds seemed to carry the weight of his words. Nimbus Etherwind, the warrior with a heart full of determination, awaited the officiant's decision, ready to face whatever lay ahead in the fallen First Province.

You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass train-yards. Before you stands a massive outpost, looking to have been erected within the past few years, of which is patrolled by numerous Legionnaires and Church Templar. The outpost guards the only viable entrance to the recently quarantined First Province; the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic. Sitting at the foot of the massive mountain range that effectively contains the First Province within, the outpost serves as the last obstacle you must overcome before entering the quarantined territory.
You and others like you assemble outside of the palisades of the outpost, awaiting the opportunity to speak your case to the presiding Legion officiant who is processing admittance to the Province. Behind him, a passenger train, a marvel of technological advancement, sits idling on its’ tracks, dozens of persons filling it’s numerous passenger cars. A true rarity within the Republic, you can hardly believe your eyes (and ears) as the locomotive releases a massive plume of steam from its’ smokestack. You overhear many a bewildered citizen around you gossip as to how the only truly safe way into the Province is now by rail, for the Rumbling Pass’ mountains are nigh impassible and miles long, with the only safe navigable tunnels being those traveled in the safety of locomotives and rail-cars. You shudder for a moment, pondering how many forsaken souls attempted to flee the cloistered Province through the Pass’ winding, dark tunnels, hordes of Afflicted upon their heels, only to be cut down in the pitch-black darkness.
It strikes you as peculiar that so much effort has been made in securing a means of logistical supply and personnel transportation into the fallen First Province. You’ve heard rumors before of Quarantine Zones; entire Municipalities and even Territories being cut-off from access due to the blight of the Torment and the over-abundance of the walking dead – but in most instances, no one is ever trying to get into to those forsaken places. Yet here, mere miles from the ruins of Tor, masses congregate in order to make their way into the First Province Quarantine Zone. If you hadn’t known any better, the entire scene – the Outpost, the mass of military personnel, the throngs of citizens and the hissing locomotive – resembles more of an evacuation rather than a one-way ticket into anarchy and lawlessness. As you make your way closer to the train-yard outpost, you can’t help but recall all of the wild and crazy stories concerning all manners of rumors about the First Province since it’s fall two years ago. Some say that the treasures awaiting the bold are beyond measure – others swear that Salvation and Ascension is guaranteed for those who would follow their Faith and help reclaim the First Coast.
Where the truth lies, you’ve no idea – you only know that you’re here, at the precipice of it all, and your destination is within reach.
You watch, somewhat defeated, as but a scant few of the hundreds that approach the outpost officiant, who stands at the outer gates of the outpost flanked by a few heavily armored Legionnaires, are actually allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost and train-yards proper. You see some swarthy fellows slip pieces of gold to the officiant, while others plead their cases and rationale as to why they should be allowed to enter the recently fallen territory. Some appear to provide some sort of paperwork to the officiant, flashing official looking papers from a Faction or influential Prelacy house, who promptly waves them through. While watching and eavesdropping, you manage to overhear the well-rehearsed speech the officiant provides to those whom don’t provide paperwork or grease his palm, the words monotone and nasally.
“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a Quarantine Visa by the perimeter authority.”
The officiant snorts in disdain, then adds the last line to the rehearsed monologue:
“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”
You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It is well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions or Prelacy Families of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery – although his price may be hefty. However, despite it all, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant without resorting to subterfuge or immorality. Gathering your wits, you step forward towards the officiant, and make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.

Thanks!

-Nimbus Etherwind the soldier

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application: Nimbus Etherwind

Post by Coty » December 21st, 2023, 9:25 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

ZekeMorrin
Character: Zeke Morrin

Re: Character Application: Nimbus Etherwind

Post by ZekeMorrin » December 21st, 2023, 10:16 pm

Thanks!