Weapon ability balancing

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Rasamith
Character: John Llareth

Weapon ability balancing

Post by Rasamith » January 3rd, 2024, 4:03 am

Axes

Blood Lust: good damage, heal is unnoticeable if it's working at all. Adjust the heal to be flat, not weapon damage % to allow for axe off hand to feel as useful as sword off hand so people can have more viable duelling diversity.

Whirlwind and Frenzied Whirlwind: it's fun to feel like a God of mob clear but these are so laughably above other weapons as to be incomparable. 50% damage nerf to start. They still will be undisputed champions of multi target hit, but be started on the path to being comparable to the rest of the melee equipment in terms of all-round strength.

Tactics

Feint: I like the concept but seriously doubt it's in use compared to other moves. Would you rather have a paralize, dot, or extra damage compared to this? Feint could be something to boost the users defense in a meaningful way. Perhaps DCI added on?

Ashford
Character: Ashford Reed

Re: Weapon ability balancing

Post by Ashford » January 3rd, 2024, 4:12 pm

Chiming in on Blood Lust. No don't do that please! At least not to 2Handers

Blood lust gives you a temporary 50% hit life leech for a few seconds. This is huge when you get all your HCI and lower defense gear you can use this SWM to get some health back during tough boss fights. It doesn't work very well in PvP because its harder to hit players than a boss but its essential in PvM.

OH weapons do measly damage and staff changed their properties to only affect their onhits instead of being shareable to primary weapons. I agree that its a crap SWM for an off hand because heal % of crap damage is crap healing. Do something for OH but don't mess with 2H SWMs because some dev decided the off hand axe should have blood lust prior to current staff deciding off hands can't affect main hand procs.

Rasamith
Character: John Llareth

Post by Rasamith » January 3rd, 2024, 11:01 pm

Interesting, not how it reads, but cool. Not sure how I haven't noticed the heal.

geeg
Character: idk

Post by geeg » January 4th, 2024, 10:17 am

Blood Lust is literally the most bonkers SWM, it's basically just Crushing Blow from Macing, on steroids, which gives you not only 50% more dmg in next attack but Life leech as well. If anything it should be nerfed not to deal this bonus damage, so it's not so good in both PvM and PvP.

Ashford
Character: Ashford Reed

Post by Ashford » January 4th, 2024, 11:27 am

Yeah but is this just an I hate Axes thread at this point?

Axes aren't the best at pvp we have no stun, paralyze, bleed, or grit blocker. Every weapon class has a niche but I'll always pick on fencing as the one without an identity.

I can't solo one mob in Aiwella's Anslem gauntlet without waiting 10minutes for it to die. The third and fourth waves would take me 40minutes. Maces can breeze right through! Nerf maces!

Blood lust on an OH axe used to give you bonuses to your main hand and now it doesn't which defeats the purpose of using an axe OH. There was an issue where all the weapon bonuses were stacking from both hands that staff had to address awhile back. The unintended consequence was nerfing the OH axe.